Bringing wine back in port

Susant222

This has been discussed before & was in the T & C a few years ago (but who reads them)

Oceania usually overlooks the liquor/wine brought on unless there is a problem with the guest then they can bring out the rule book

All guests had to be over 21 before to buy alcohol onboard that has not changed

Yikes

This is from oceania us ticket contract I found on line dated feb 2017

Guests agree that the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to Guests who are 21 years or older and no Guest will attempt to purchase or consume such beverages in violation of this policy under any circumstances, either for themselves or others. Carrier will refuse and prohibit the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to Guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are reminded to consume alcohol in moderation and Carrier reserves the right to refuse the sale of such beverages to any intoxicated or underage Guest. Carrier reserves the right to prohibit and retain all liquor brought aboard the Ship. All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation.

Can this be true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(highlighting mine)

If true, I suspect that this could be a deal breaker for many.

Could be the same policy as before with just different wording to better protect themselves from abuse (of alcohol or policy)?

Agree.

Hope someone gets definitive answer. We are in Germany now and will board tauck river cruise in two days. May email my ta and have him inquire. Very strange

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were last onboard Riviera this past Easter (2017). We brought aboard a half dozen wines at embarkation and bought another four across several different ports, all of which was consumed in the cabin (no fee) or at a specialty restaurant ($25 corkage).

AFAIK nothing has changed and, of course O will have self-protective language in their fine print.

Yikes

This is from oceania us ticket contract I found on line dated feb 2017

Guests agree that the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to Guests who are 21 years or older and no Guest will attempt to purchase or consume such beverages in violation of this policy under any circumstances, either for themselves or others. Carrier will refuse and prohibit the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to Guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are reminded to consume alcohol in moderation and Carrier reserves the right to refuse the sale of such beverages to any intoxicated or underage Guest. Carrier reserves the right to prohibit and retain all liquor brought aboard the Ship. All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation.

Can this be true?

If it is I am going to have a boarding problem and it will be last ever cruise on O.

If it is I am going to have a boarding problem and it will be last ever cruise on O.

Although we all know the personal booze shouldn't be a problem, you should remember that you only represent a rounding error in any cruise line's daily bottom line. Oceania would do just fine without you (or me or any other individual who frequents this forum).

It's only a matter of time before some nimrod (or three) behaves in an ultra- bad way (that is booze related) and that policy will be waved in the faces of folks boarding the ship for the following few months.