Bed and Breakfast suggestions needed for Auckland and Sydney

sgh20037

We will be 2 nights each in Auckland and Sydney in November. Would like to look at B&B's that would be convenient to trains or metro's as we would prefer not to rent a car. Anyone have any suggestions of areas to start our search - - - or recommendations of a specific place?

My friends, family and I have all stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Sydney Harbour. My sister recommended it to me and I recommended it to a couple of good friends...and now I recommend it to you.

The B&B Sydney Harbour is located in The Rocks, which is an excellent location for sightseeing in Sydney.

We stayed at Tara Guest House--right outside of Sydney. Area had many wonderful restaurants and was convenient to buses and trains. The owner picked us up at the airport, met with us every morning over wonderful breakfasts, and helped us with our plans for the day. If we ever return to Sydney, we will certainly stay there again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I just booked the Ascot Parnell in Auckland for 3 nights. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. They'll even pick you up at the airport and are in walking distance of the harbour, downtown, the park and museums, etc. Plus they have free parking if you have a car, and public transportation is right at the corner, 2 minutes away.

Simpsons Boutique Hotel is a B&B at Potts Point, on bus route, walking distance to city through the Royal Botanical Gardens. Lively location with lots of excellent restaurants nearby.

+1 for Simpsons Boutique Hotel. Really delightful nightlife and restaurants nearby. It is a bit of a walk to the Harbour though, but we enjoyed our stay.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked the Ascot Parnell in Auckland for 3 nights. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. They'll even pick you up at the airport and are in walking distance of the harbour, downtown, the park and museums, etc. Plus they have free parking if you have a car, and public transportation is right at the corner, 2 minutes away.

Another vote for the Ascot Parnell. A little while since we stayed there but the rooms and service were excellent. We walked into Auckland city centre each day if you want a little exercise, although parking and public transport readily available. Some nice restaurants nearby too.

Another vote for the Ascot Parnell. A little while since we stayed there but the rooms and service were excellent. We walked into Auckland city centre each day if you want a little exercise, although parking and public transport readily available. Some nice restaurants nearby too.

Parnell is a lovely suburb, with nice shops and a beautiful rose garden.