Cabin with disability access not needed

Pilgrim70

When we were on Infinity TA in 2013, the family rooms in the stern became available for general sale in June 2013 and I transferred our cabin at no extra cost for one as it had a HUGE balcony and an extra room. However, 2 people weren't able to book them before this time.

I suspect that this is a similar scenario, as the cruise company won't want to sail half empty.

Yes, this is a very similar scenario. I would have to assume that if at some point during the booking process all balconies became booked and the family balconies were the only ones left, they would have opened them up to general bookings.

The cruise lines do hold specialty rooms for the people those rooms are meant for - until the sailing begins to sell out. Their goal is a sell out. they aren't going to hold rooms to avoid selling out because the specialty passengers - disabled, families, etc haven't been booking rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suggesting I feel entitled for being disabled? Are you serious? Wow.

Now you've resorted to twisting my posts. That's a little disingenuous.

You're sense of entitlement in thinking you have some god given right to a suite when everyone disabled and able bodied have exactly the same problems in booking them unless you're very early in many cases.

Is karma playing a part in your problems?

Did anyone notice if the new edge class ships changed the ratio of accessible rooms on the new design? Just curious as to how they view this 'problem'?

I can't see them retrofitting more accessible cabins with the existing ships after all.

Now you've resorted to twisting my posts. That's a little disingenuous.

You're sense of entitlement in thinking you have some god given right to a suite when everyone disabled and able bodied have exactly the same problems in booking them unless you're very early in many cases.

Is karma playing a part in your problems?

Another wow. If you re-read each of my posts, I have neither been hostile (as you previously noted) or expressed a sense of entitlement to a suite or anything else in life. I simply shared the perspective of a disabled passenger since there was much discussion and various opinions being shared by those without first-hand experience.

Your tone lets me know there is no healthy or respectful discussion here. If you are ever in need of accessible accommodations and can share thoughts from that perspective, let me know.

Your tone lets me know there is no healthy or respectful discussion here. If you are ever in need of accessible accommodations and can share thoughts from that perspective, let me know.

I have been and I will be again, if you read my posts you might have picked up on that. However in a previous hostile, aggressive and rude post you accused me of having no experience on such matters.

But going forward you should ask yourself if venting your anger on a public forum will achieve anything other than losing respect for you and losing empathy for the position you find yourself in. Or take a more pragmatic approach and work with those in a similar boat and continue to feedback to relevant Celebrity staff. I know you claim to have done that but keep the pressure on and you might get a meaningful result. You won't by making unhelpful comments on here though. Ask everyone on here to email you, set up a private facebook group, collate a list of problems and then keep bombarding the cruise line until they act...

For the record you'll see an accessible cabin become available on the February 18th Millennium sailing. Why? It's because our disabled travelling companions have read that their is poor access for those with limited mobility in the ports that sailing takes and they're concerned that they will struggle to travel about. So I understand that it's not just about the room when cruising.

If you were to check my historical postings you'd also find other advise for wheelchair users in other ports as we've come across issues with the same people elsewhere. And before that sail date we were on the phone to Celebrity with a whole host of questions about access for their disability including cabin availability. Yet you, claim I have no experience and claim I'm out of order. :D :D :D

Is everyone here aware that when celebrity opens up suites for guarantee suite bookings the cabins that are then given away are the accessible ones?

If it's a month before sailing and handicapped sky suites are still available, should Celebrity sit with a lot (like 3-5 rooms) of inventory in case people need them?

They don't open up suite guaranties until close to sailing. This is probably because most accessible rooms are sky suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is everyone here aware that when celebrity opens up suites for guarantee suite bookings the cabins that are then given away are the accessible ones?

No, because in my experience this is not the case. We have booked guaranteed suites twice and were allocated regular sky suites.

If it's a month before sailing and handicapped sky suites are still available, should Celebrity sit with a lot (like 3-5 rooms) of inventory in case people need them?

No. That would be a very poor commercial decision. I don't believe any reasonable person would demand otherwise.

They don't open up suite guaranties until close to sailing. This is probably because most accessible rooms are sky suites.

On rare occasions where a cruise is not selling well guaranteed suites can be offered ten months before sail date. What usually happens is a few are then sold and then the price increases. This is an exception and not the rule though. It's a great way to snag a bargain if you're lucky though. :)