Good hotels in Civitavecchia

alisonrose

Hi. My husband and I are looking for a good hotel to stay for 1 night in Civitavecchia pre cruise in August. At the moment we are looking at Sunbay park hotel which is just outside but appears to have nice pool facilities for relaxing or Hotel San Georgio which is in the centre which would be best for wandering around the town. Any recommendations or ideas would be most welcome. Thank you.

We stayed at Hotel San Giorgio last month prior to a cruise. I would highly recommend it. It exceeded my expectations based on the price point. Breakfast was very good and the staff very attentive. Would stay there again.

We stayed at Hotel San Giorgio last month prior to a cruise. I would highly recommend it. It exceeded my expectations based on the price point. Breakfast was very good and the staff very attentive. Would stay there again.

Hi, we have a reservation with them as well and will be there in about two weeks. I hope we will enjoy our stay there as much as you did.

What time the shuttle start taken guests to the ship ?

Hi, we have a reservation with them as well and will be there in about two weeks. I hope we will enjoy our stay there as much as you did.

We had a big group of CC members stay at San Giorgio last year. It is directly across from the beach and within walking distance of many restaurants. I think the shuttle took us between 10-10:30.

One of our members arranged a pre-cruise gathering the night before sailing and the staff provided us with appitizers and a piano player. They gave us a great discount on drinks.

I asked many questions via email before arrival and they were always prompt and informative in answering. I would gladly stay there again.

The shuttle picked us up at 11:00 am. They charged us €10 pp. Excellent door to door service. The port is huge. You can take the bus to the port entrance and then a shuttle to your ship but IMO not worth the hassle.

I, too, enjoyed Civitavecchia.

....... I think the shuttle took us between 10-10:30.

Hi, thank you for the information and the nice comments. It seems that the hotel went out of the usual way to treat your group so well. We do not have many participants on our roll call so every one does their own thing..

The shuttle picked us up at 11:00 am. They charged us €10 pp. Excellent door to door service. The port is huge. You can take the bus to the port entrance and then a shuttle to your ship but IMO not worth the hassle.

Is this correct? They charged you 10 euros pp to travel less than 3km to the port? I've heard people sing the praises of San Giorgio hotel and can't comment as I've never stayed there - but they must be laughing all the way to the bank if they're charging that amount to everyone who gets their shuttle to the port when you can hop on the station to port bus (a few 100 metres away - hardly any hassle ;) ) for a couple of euros and then get the free port bus to the ship.

Thank you for the response, I do appreciate it.

I / we made the booking directly with the hotel and on the reservation states that shuttle is included with our stay there.

There are 8 of us so the 'free' shuttle helped us with the selection and booking the San Giorgio over other hotels.

I read in some other comments that if the booking for the San Giorgio is made with a third party then the hotel does charge for the shuttle.

I read some comments that the included breakfast was pretty good for some and not so good for others ...... not a big deal for us.

Is this correct? They charged you 10 euros pp to travel less than 3km to the port? I've heard people sing the praises of San Giorgio hotel and can't comment as I've never stayed there - but they must be laughing all the way to the bank if they're charging that amount to everyone who gets their shuttle to the port when you can hop on the station to port bus (a few 100 metres away - hardly any hassle ;) ) for a couple of euros and then get the free port bus to the ship.

Hi,

I just looked again at my copy of the reservation with them and there is this statement on it:

Stay at Hotel San Giorgio Civitavecchia for the 2017 The rate includes: - Breakfast buffet served in our breakfast room - Free Wi-Fi - VAT 10% - Shuttle service from the Hotel San Giorgio to the Cruise Terminal in Civitavecchia The rate does not include the city tax of € 2,00 per day per person for a maximum of 3 nights. The Payment of the city tax is required at check out

Hi,

I just looked again at my copy of the reservation with them and there is this statement on it:

Stay at Hotel San Giorgio Civitavecchia for the 2017 The rate includes: - Breakfast buffet served in our breakfast room - Free Wi-Fi - VAT 10% - Shuttle service from the Hotel San Giorgio to the Cruise Terminal in Civitavecchia The rate does not include the city tax of € 2,00 per day per person for a maximum of 3 nights. The Payment of the city tax is required at check out

Yes, we booked the hotel through a third party (got an incredible deal) so we had to pay for the shuttle. There was no way I was going to have an 83 year old who recently had a total joint replacement on the public bus dragging a suitcase and negotiating high steps.

San Giorgio is very popular. I waited too long to book my hotel so it was much higher in price. I stayed at Hotel De La Ville. It was about a block from the San Giorgio and closer to the train station. I was traveling solo and ended up with a huge corner room with an ocean view. Great breakfast too...I would stay there again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Hotel Miramare this past October. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would stay there again. It is a small hotel right on the water. Note however, that it may not be for everyone. It is an older smaller boutique style hotel and has a very small elevator so could be problematic for those with mobility issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the late thread but my wife and I are getting a cruise early August and have Been to Rome before so was thinking of staying near the cruise port. We were looking at Villa Terennia in Tarquinia to stay but they want €50 to take us to the port. Does anyone have any experience of this town/hotel or recommendations for airport transfers?

Many thanks

Hi

Sorry for the late thread but my wife and I are getting a cruise early August and have Been to Rome before so was thinking of staying near the cruise port. We were looking at Villa Terennia in Tarquinia to stay but they want €50 to take us to the port. Does anyone have any experience of this town/hotel or recommendations for airport transfers?

Many thanks

I've been very pleased with the services of Taxi Civitavecchia

http://www.taxicivitavecchia.com/en/servizi/taxi-service/

very reasonable private airport transfer as well as service while in town as well. There are several hotels to chose from, all in the 3 star category, but clean and good service. I would recommend Hotel Miramar and Hotel San Giorgio if you book direct with Hotel San Giorgio your port shuttle is included and with Hotel Miramar they will set up for you for €10.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. My husband and I are looking for a good hotel to stay for 1 night in Civitavecchia pre cruise in August. At the moment we are looking at Sunbay park hotel which is just outside but appears to have nice pool facilities for relaxing or Hotel San Georgio which is in the centre which would be best for wandering around the town. Any recommendations or ideas would be most welcome. Thank you.

Stayed at San Georgio and would highly recommend it, plus they offered a free shuttle to the cruise terminal about a mile away....

We stayed one night at San Giorgio on July 8th. We had a quad room and rest of our family had another quad.. Older but well maintained hotel in a perfect location ...... close, close to everything. We did not care if there was a swimming pool or not.

we wanted to see some of the city and participate in the lively evening / night life. It was a Saturday night.

The hotel offered all that we needed; nice location, nice and quiet rooms, morning breakfast and a shuttle to the ship ..... and the price was right.

Thanks for that

We have a quote from San Giorgio hotel of €185 for one night which seems a bit steep to me, is that good value for one night?

Have you tried their own website? We found the price to be very competitive compared to 3rd party sites and they include the transfer to the port if you book direct with them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forums mobile app