Living at Sea Article

TBone2K

Another article on living on a cruise ship via world cruise. Short term anyway. I wanted to share it because the people in these stories are usually American. I think living at sea is harder for Canadians like the people in the story, because of tax and health care restrictions.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/retirement/ahoy-matey-your-new-retirement-home-is-a-cruise-ship/ar-BBuYbsc

Hope this is okay here, the description of the group say it is for discussion on extended length cruises.

Actually, I was thinking a separate living at sea group may be of interest. I enjoy hearing stories about Super Mario, but I'm sure there are others who do the same, maybe even CC members.

Interesting article.

What are the Canadian tax and health care restrictions you mention?

Have to spend more time in the country in the year than out or you lose certain coverages and income claims. Sometimes catches seniors who take multiple extended trips abroad, especially when they cross from one year to the next.

Have to spend more time in the country in the year than out or you lose certain coverages and income claims. Sometimes catches seniors who take multiple extended trips abroad, especially when they cross from one year to the next.

Thanks for the explanation!

• 1 month later...