Just back from Tauck Danube on MS Joy

JPCruising

This was my first river cruise and first trip with Tauck and both were fantastic. I very much appreciated the all inclusiveness of the Tauck trip, there were no additional cost. It is very relaxing to have everything taken care of and not having to tip. Photography is my passion and I very much enjoyed photographing the beautiful scenery on this trip and have posted the images on my website at: http://jprimages.com/travel/tauck/danube/2016

In Prague I hired a local professional photographer to show me around and to get me to the best places at the right time to create great images. His name is Jan Tichy and I would highly recommend him to anyone who likes photography, his website is: jantichyphotography.com

Here are a couple of my photos

p707258043-4.jpg

p625140112-4.jpg

p121550606-4.jpg

p182813780-4.jpg

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing them. We just looked at all your Tauck photos. Such personality in them. The Danube is sitting right at the top of our list for our second river cruise. I am so glad to be seeing more photos and hearing all the positive feedback on Tauck. Wish our cruise was this Sept. A year just seems so far away!

Beautiful photos. We leave for our first riverboat cruise, also on the Danube on the Joy, in two weeks. My anticipation has been building - and just took a huge leap after viewing your posts. I am so happy to hear that everything went so well on your cruise.

I have looked at half of the Budapest pictures so far and intend to look at the entire lot. My very favorite in all those and the 6 you have posted on here is the one of the guy fishing. That is a prize winning photo. Composition is so artistic. You have an amazing eye. I can't believe you hired a professional. I think he should be hiring you!! Great photos.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe you hired a professional. I think he should be hiring you!! Great photos.

Thanks for the kind words. I hired a pro not for instructional help but to maximize my limited time for photography in both Prague and Budapest. Both local pros are more than willing to help the novice but in my case they were used to get me to the best locations at the right time. I had a lot of fun taking photos on this trip.

Great idea which I had not thought of. Enjoying the photos which bring back memories. We did this trip with Tauck a couple of years ago with our daughter & son-in-law and really loved it. It was our second cruise with Tauck, the first being the Netherlands and Belgium and then last year we did the Rhine & Moselle with our grandson & daughter-in law (from Jensen Beach) and all have been truly wonderful. We've also done several land tours with Tauck and can't say enough good things about tem!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi JP, your pictures are fabulous!. I want to look into this for my upcoming river cruise in April. How long did you book with each photographer? That way I can get a sense of time when I inquire.

We flew into Prague two days before the tour and I photographed for around 15hrs. In Budapest it was a 4 hr photo tour as that was all the time I had free before returning home.

• 5 months later...
Fabulous photos!!

What equipment do you take with you?

For those aerial views..do you have a drone? Really great!!

thanks..

Rick

Hello Rick, I used an Olympus *****-D E-M1 camera with either the 7-14 f/2.8 or 40-150mm f/2.8 lenses. I also borrowed my wife's 12-40mm f2.8 at times. I went with the Olympus setup over my Canon camera for the weight savings. The "aerial" views where taken from the hill sides, I don't have a drone and never plan to use one.

Your photos are terrific. I know it is against the rules to post names of travel agents here. But can you post the contact information of the professional photographer you used in Budapest? I think a professional photographer is more like car services/hotels/restaurants (which are ok to post) rather than travel agents (not ok to post).

Those are indeed amazing photos!

Any thoughts on your cruising experience onboard the Joy? We were on the Treasures back in October (AMS-BUD). While it was a great trip, it does not quite rank up there as being among our favorite cruises (unfortunate in a way since it was, by far, the most expensive cruise we've ever done!)

Your photos are terrific. I know it is against the rules to post names of travel agents here. But can you post the contact information of the professional photographer you used in Budapest? I think a professional photographer is more like car services/hotels/restaurants (which are ok to post) rather than travel agents (not ok to post).

The photographer in this case was more like a tour guide [ok to post]

In Prague I hired a local professional photographer to show me around and to get me to the best places at the right time to create great images. His name is Jan Tichy and I would highly recommend him to anyone who likes photography, his website is: jantichyphotography.com