American Queen Empress July 1st 2018

melmark4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and good luck building your roll call;)

I tried to start one for this trip tomorrow, alas.... just found it again and it still slim pickin's. We loved the whole experience and so off we go and expect to see a lot of snow on the tops, do have warm clothing.

River boating doesn't seem to have the CC following that ocean going cruises have, perhaps with time. Helen

• 3 weeks later...
Hello and good luck building your roll call;)

I tried to start one for this trip tomorrow, alas.... just found it again and it still slim pickin's. We loved the whole experience and so off we go and expect to see a lot of snow on the tops, do have warm clothing.

River boating doesn't seem to have the CC following that ocean going cruises have, perhaps with time. Helen

Hello Helen, So you are going on this trip? Actually there should only be one Roll call.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Helen, So you are going on this trip? Actually there should only be one Roll call.

Mark

Sorry for jumping on your roll call but the great thing about Cruise Critic is its great source of information.

I am considering the Columbia/Snake River cruise in July/August 2019. I already have three cruises booked for 2018 so I need to give the wallet time to refill.

How did you decide upon American Queen verses American Cruise Line? I am swayed more toward AQSC but wondering about your decision.

What was your deciding factor for starting in Spokane (Clarkston) verses starting in Vancouver?

Have you found AQSC easy to work with, although I'll book through my TA.

Anything else you think is important to know before booking would be appreciated. Where you able to take advantage of any of their special offerings that are going on now like OBC etc?

My only dilemma might be that I most likely will travel solo and the Empress only has one solo cabin.

Enjoy your trip!!

Sorry for jumping on your roll call but the great thing about Cruise Critic is its great source of information.

I am considering the Columbia/Snake River cruise in July/August 2019. I already have three cruises booked for 2018 so I need to give the wallet time to refill.

How did you decide upon American Queen verses American Cruise Line? I am swayed more toward AQSC but wondering about your decision.

What was your deciding factor for starting in Spokane (Clarkston) verses starting in Vancouver?

Have you found AQSC easy to work with, although I'll book through my TA.

Anything else you think is important to know before booking would be appreciated. Where you able to take advantage of any of their special offerings that are going on now like OBC etc?

My only dilemma might be that I most likely will travel solo and the Empress only has one solo cabin.

Enjoy your trip!!

I'm not part of this roll call either, but I'll give you my answers :) We just liked the overall feel of AQSC over ACL. Also, the Empress is a true paddlewheeler and I believe the ACL ships are not. And our TA recommended AQSC over ACL as well. We took advantage of their early booking discount when we booked last August for our cruise in Oct 2017. Aside from that, there are very few discounts available from them. We also chose to travel East to West, wanted to get that 2 hr bus ride from Spokane to Clarkston over with on the front end. There are just slight differences in the itinerary going one way vs the other,so you may want to look at that. Hope this helps with your decision! I am really looking forward to reading reviews as other folks cruise this year, and hope to get more info. Unfortunately, I think a lot of folks who do these cruises don't use social media, which also explains why the roll calls fall flat. I've tried to start one for Empress cruises in 2017 and I'm not having many responses.

I'm not part of this roll call either, but I'll give you my answers :) We just liked the overall feel of AQSC over ACL. Also, the Empress is a true paddlewheeler and I believe the ACL ships are not. And our TA recommended AQSC over ACL as well. We took advantage of their early booking discount when we booked last August for our cruise in Oct 2017. Aside from that, there are very few discounts available from them. We also chose to travel East to West, wanted to get that 2 hr bus ride from Spokane to Clarkston over with on the front end. There are just slight differences in the itinerary going one way vs the other,so you may want to look at that. Hope this helps with your decision! I am really looking forward to reading reviews as other folks cruise this year, and hope to get more info. Unfortunately, I think a lot of folks who do these cruises don't use social media, which also explains why the roll calls fall flat. I've tried to start one for Empress cruises in 2017 and I'm not having many responses.

K9pal,

Thanks so much for your insight. I also understand that a East to West itinerary also gives you slightly longer stays at each stop?

Indeed, I understand the Cruise Critic dilemma with roll calls on the less used or smaller cruise lines. A friend and I will be on the Windstar Spirit out of Tahiti in late August 2017. I started a thread for this cruise quite some time ago and the only five postings, up to now, are my own!! LOL

Hope you have a grand cruise with AQSC and perhaps will be doing a review. Thanks again.

Edited by PROCRUISE

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mark, well now we have a party of Four ! We just booked July 1 2018 on the Empress today . So now Melanie, Mark, Ellen and Paul will have to start the party [emoji898][emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...