Halloween on the High Seas with Disney Wonder....worth it?

chiquita177

Hi!!! I am curious to hear from people who have cruised on a regular Disney Cruise AND a Halloween on the High Seas cruise. Was there a huge difference? Was it super decked-out in Halloween Spirit, or is this just a gimmick? We are booked for October on a 7 day cruise to Mexico from California. I'm hoping it is an awesome Halloween experience, similar to Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. I want to make sure it's not just a couple of Halloween things here and there. We will be missing work and school for this, so want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks so much!!! (kids are 4 and 7)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't speak to the Wonder specifically but we have done Halloween on the High Seas on the Fantasy as well as a non-holiday cruise on the Fantasy and are overall big fans of the cruise line. There are a lot of nice decorations up (jack o' lantern paintings in some of he windows in common areas, etc and the Mickey and some of the other characters (not the princesses) have Halloween variants of their costumes that are fun. The trick or treating part that they do was not really all that impressive but there was more candy than my kids could reasonably eat. It was fun to be able to do costumes but make sure that you review prohibited item policies 1st, I believe that face masks are now banned and any toy weapons as well. Overall I would say it was ok, did not feel it added that much to the cruise and our daughter who is a real fan of Halloween thought that part of the cruise was so-so but loved he trip overall. We may be sailing again during a Halloween event this fall but are not doing it just because of the Halloween part, just happens to be when we can go. If there is a big upcharge for it compared with another sailing I would say that it would not be worth the difference and I would not go out of my way to pick it over any other itinerary. If it is about the same price then I would view it as a small bonus in terms of theming/decor.

Hope that helps:)

Thank you soooo much!!! This helps alot! I'll lower my expectations for the Halloween theme but it will be our very first (and possibly only) Disney Cruise so we are all SUPER excited! My kids are 4 and 7 years old and I think it's a perfect age to take a Disney cruise. We can't really afford a Disney cruise during the school breaks so October is a good time since we can actually afford it and it will be an added bonus to have a Halloween theme. Thank you again so much!

You're welcome. Your kids will love it and this is a great age to take them, we took ours for the 1st time around that age and they were thrilled. I would just pack costumes, treat it like a bonus but not build up the Halloween part as the main part of the cruise.