HAL Nieuw Statendam 2019

RMS Olympic

Reestablishing my HAL interest I booked the Rotterdam for this coming Jan ...its been a long time since I sailed one of their ships. Last night I got an email concerning the next new ship...the Nieuw Statendam....

Called just now, rep said I was the first person she took a call from...had to look up the ships code number as it was not in her system yet. I booked a cruise in April 2019.....

Hope HAL is a great experience.

Anyone else considering this new ship?

Hey Zooguy!

I booked the 7 night eastern Caribbean sailing. I will be very curious to see how the service standards compare between the old Rotterdam and this latest build.

Which one, Mr. Olympic? I'm presently booked on the 4-night on December 19, but I'm calling tomorrow to move to a 7-night Eastern Caribbbean in April. I don't want to say which until I nab the largest of the OO-category single occupancy cabins. We may yet sail together.

Hey bruiser...I booked the April 14th eastern Caribbean cruise. Hope you can make it. The single cabins were available today... But I booked a cat D on deck 7 overlooking the bow cabin 7003. Hope you get on this cruise do we can talk travel, ships and future wish list trips.

Hey bruiser...I booked the April 14th eastern Caribbean cruise. Hope you can make it. The single cabins were available today... But I booked a cat D on deck 7 overlooking the bow cabin 7003. Hope you get on this cruise do we can talk travel, ships and future wish list trips.

I'm booked on your sailing! I got OO 1018, which is the largest port side. I called ship's services to book a Lido cabana, but they don't have inventory built into the system yet. I'll try again in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Great to hear you will be on board!!! I booked the cabin you chose and then switched to deck 7....closer to the pool deck. As far as the cabana, do you book it by the day or for the week? I've seen them on a previous cruise and wondered if it was worth it. The one aspect of HAL ships that I love is having a stern pool, so I figure I will gravitate towards that part of the ship. On board perhaps we can hit Pinnacle if your available one evening...it will be great to finally meet. Now if we could get Eroller on board we could have a killer ship conversation. By the way how was the food on Amsterdam....?

Tom

Great to hear you will be on board!!! I booked the cabin you chose and then switched to deck 7....closer to the pool deck. As far as the cabana, do you book it by the day or for the week? I've seen them on a previous cruise and wondered if it was worth it. The one aspect of HAL ships that I love is having a stern pool, so I figure I will gravitate towards that part of the ship. On board perhaps we can hit Pinnacle if your available one evening...it will be great to finally meet. Now if we could get Eroller on board we could have a killer ship conversation. By the way how was the food on Amsterdam....?

Tom

I have a cabana booked for the whole week on Eurodam this December. I'll let you know how it goes. Some folks complain that the Lido cabanas don't have great air flow, but I am primarily concerned about being guaranteed a place in the shade. Plus I like the business of the Lido pool.

Hey Bruiser...

I noticed your signature lists 2019 Australia on Princess.....what are you considering? Usually late Sept Princess does a Papua Guinea cruise which I might look into. Wi h the Nieuw Statendam in the Spring I have to look into Fall or late fall for a down the Nader cruise....maybe even a New Zealand itinerary. Your thoughts?