Travel time from Circle Quay to International Airport for Friday Morning Departure

Jolokia

We are cruising into Sydney, seeing some sights, staying at a hotel in Circle Quay area and flying out of the international airport in Sydney on a Friday morning. I am interested in the travel time to the airport via the train. I understand that morning traffic is a problem in Sydney and may take some extra time to travel on the roads because of congestion, how about the train? Do the trains tend to run on time, or do they experience delays during peak rush times of the morning? If someone has experience with this mode of travel and could give me some helpful tips, I would be appreciative. Thank you, John.

Trains run at very regular intervals. Many per hour. It should take about 20min- station to station. The airport station is directly at the terminal. It's all super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

GUT2407, Thank you for the link, it is great. If I read it correctly I can catch a train during a weekday at Circle Quay at 8:03AM and be at the airport by 8:23AM. Again, thank you.

GUT2407, Thank you for the link, it is great. If I read it correctly I can catch a train during a weekday at Circle Quay at 8:03AM and be at the airport by 8:23AM. Again, thank you.

That looks right.

I always suggest you have a bit of extra time factored in, but I'm a bit cautious.

When travelling from Circular Quay to the airport, we use the train. It is very easy with lifts (elevators) to take you from ground level to the platform and you usually only have to wait a few minutes for a train to arrive. The airport stations are under the domestic and international terminals.

Leigh

Leigh, thanks for that information, I was wondering about the location of the stations and how difficult it may be to lug a few pieces of luggage along. It sounds much easier than I imagined. John.