Booking Shore Excursions

angiepants029

First time cruising in August with a friend. We are doing Western Caribbean with Royal Caribbean.

One of the stops is Grand Cayman where we would love a half day catamaran trip but the company we have looked into (sail with friends) only offers private charters.

Is it difficult to find other people before the cruise that would want to join in?

Or would it be advisable just to find something else where we don't have to find other people to join us?

(We are not keen on the ship offered tours just from bad reviews of overcrowding).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time cruising in August with a friend. We are doing Western Caribbean with Royal Caribbean.

One of the stops is Grand Cayman where we would love a half day catamaran trip but the company we have looked into (sail with friends) only offers private charters.

Is it difficult to find other people before the cruise that would want to join in?

Or would it be advisable just to find something else where we don't have to find other people to join us?

(We are not keen on the ship offered tours just from bad reviews of overcrowding).

See if you cruise has an active 'roll call'.

One of the uses of the roll call forums is to arrange shared excursions and tours.

Also, take a look in the 'ports of call' for the stops your cruise is scheduled to make - there may be some comments relating to DIY excursions and third party [not ship sponsored] excursions.

See if you cruise has an active 'roll call'.

One of the uses of the roll call forums is to arrange shared excursions and tours.

Also, take a look in the 'ports of call' for the stops your cruise is scheduled to make - there may be some comments relating to DIY excursions and third party [not ship sponsored] excursions.

Thanks!

I have posted in the roll call a couple times but no one has responded :/ Just wondering if maybe people feel it's too early to book, but it is only a couple months away.

Here is a link to the Cayman Island board

You can find a lot of information here about other excursions.:)

It seems no one may be interested from your roll call.

I would look elsewhere and book ahead.

Thanks!

I have posted in the roll call a couple times but no one has responded :/ Just wondering if maybe people feel it's too early to book, but it is only a couple months away.

Actually, a lot of cc-ers, myself included, tend to be overplanners. Many may already have excursions booked because it's only a couple of months away. I wouldn't sign up for anything private unless you are comfortable carrying the costs if no one else joins in. There are many companies that offer group excursions in Caribbean ports.

Thanks!

Remember, CC isn't the only place roll calls take place. ;) I'd search social media for your sailing as well. You'll likely find a larger and more active group there.