What's the best cabin location? AFT or Hump?

We have 2 balcony cabins booked on radiance of the seas. One is on the hump and the other is AFT.

What is the best location? AFT or Hump.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For us it's sure not aft.

But Mrs Gut has issues with motion.

I've always found the aft to be quite vibratory. Lots of shuddering and movement back there.

The hump on the other hand is well located, super quick access to the centrum and being midship you're pretty close to everything else as well. You can also get a nice view straight down to the water from the hump, as opposed to some of the other balconies which look straight down onto the white lifeboat covers.

I would pick hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theoretically the least movement is at the ship's centre of gravity. That's usually midships, a few decks above the water line. The further from that, the more movement you will experience.

This means that the hump cabin should have less movement.

There may be other factors you may wish to consider, such as proximity to the action.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

We have 2 balcony cabins booked on radiance of the seas. One is on the hump and the other is AFT.

What is the best location? AFT or Hump.

I've only had an aft balcony once, on Noordam. I had no problems with vibration or soot or anything else like that. The only problem was the sun.

Heading east to Fiji in December, the balcony would cook in the afternoons. The glass doors would get too hot to touch and you couldn't go out for more than a few minutes at a time.

Other than that, it was quite nice to sit out there at night and watch the wake.

OP: Just curious, you have both cabins booked. Why not test them during your cruise? Then you would know for sure and for future cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol, I have heard some couples have separate beds but separate cabins would be expensive.

Is it Aft overlooking the stern, or just a balcony on the side of the ship in an Aft location?

If it's overlooking the stern the William might find it fascinating watching the wake especially when there are birds dipping into it. I assume William will be going with you?

Is it Aft overlooking the stern, or just a balcony on the side of the ship in an Aft location?

If it's overlooking the stern the William might find it fascinating watching the wake especially when there are birds dipping into it. I assume William will be going with you?

William would disown me if I cruised without him!

The AFT cabin is right at the back overlooking the stern with an extended balcony.

The hump cabin is right on the corner of the hump looking towards the aft with an extended balcony.

My dad (Mr I hate cruise ships but is now addicted to cruising) and my autistic brother are in the other cabin.

Both cabins are on the same level.

That's what I thought :D

The AFT cabin is right at the back overlooking the stern with an extended balcony.

The hump cabin is right on the corner of the hump looking towards the aft with an extended balcony.

My dad (Mr I hate cruise ships but is now addicted to cruising) and my autistic brother are in the other cabin.

I haven't been on Radiance but we did a cruise late last year on Carnival Legend in a Vista Suite on deck 4. We did notice a significant amount of rattling and vibration when the ship was going at full speed in moderate seas. Other than that we loved the aft location.

I guess what it really boils down to is which would be best for William, and which would be best for your brother and father. There doesn't appear to be aft lifts on Radiance so if you and William, or your father/brother, are likely to be going to and fro to the cabin a lot then the midships location would be better for that. Aft may be a bit quieter.

I would take the Aft cabin for yourself then.

I always book as early as possible to get a hump cabin. Middle of the Hump is even better. The Aft cabins jump around way to much for me and on some ships there is a terrible vibration but some don't mind that and enjoy the larger balconies.

Dad is very keen to have the aft cabin. Sailing through Milford sound and being able to see both sides from the aft will be amazing. With the extended balconies there will be room enough for us all to enjoy.

I had an aft on voyager and liked the extended balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't help myself. Everyday I've been watching the RCI website..... Waiting for that "special" deal on drink packages and seeing what cabins are available. This morning an AFT cabin 1 door away from Dad's was available. What a decision to have to make..... Beautiful views and free Grandad kid sitting for William. I grabbed the cabin and thought RCI would charge me the higher "sale" fair. Nope free to change.

Now how am I meant to wait until April next year? Ready to go now. Cruise countdown is no help reminds me how long I need to wait.

Will will not look at el cheapo short 2 day cruise, will not!

I just can't help myself. Everyday I've been watching the RCI website..... Waiting for that "special" deal on drink packages and seeing what cabins are available. This morning an AFT cabin 1 door away from Dad's was available. What a decision to have to make..... Beautiful views and free Grandad kid sitting for William. I grabbed the cabin and thought RCI would charge me the higher "sale" fair. Nope free to change.

Now how am I meant to wait until April next year? Ready to go now. Cruise countdown is no help reminds me how long I need to wait.

Will will not look at el cheapo short 2 day cruise, will not!

Good work on the aft cabin and good luck with the wait.

We had the hump on Brilliance which is the same as Radiance and it was very noisy until the music stopped in the centrum at about midnight. We have also had an aft on Radiance and loved it. I would pick the aft.

We had the hump on Brilliance which is the same as Radiance and it was very noisy until the music stopped in the centrum at about midnight. We have also had an aft on Radiance and loved it. I would pick the aft.

Sounds like I made the right decision.