Latest Regent Email - UK

lprp

An email from RSSC just arrived in my inbox entitled "Suites at a steal", so far so normal.

I clicked on the link to see more, then it got a little different, rather than going to the specials on the RSSC website, the link quickly moves from the usual experience.eu.rssc.com to Vimeo.com and a video link which, I pressed.

It was the usual sort video extolling the virtues of Regent, BUT at 0.49 seconds in "this is your uninterrupted evening to indulge", there are a couple in a Restaurant, I can't place which one, being attended to by a waiter, 'and? so what what I hear you say'......

......on the table in front of the couple is a single tall candlestick containing a pristine white LIT CANDLE!!

An open flame on a cruise ship? Really? Fake Advertising anyone?

This is the link to the email view as website option:

https://experience.eu.rssc.com/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGhrqISMj2oFNJzfzbw6KSdpHduRUHzcmaPKDzgSg3o02b85izdHzazgqnVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGszbzfTJNKrDzcEUmd57qWjOzfwnfnN6ap06TzaUfi8BRLgfczeiHzaLf&_ei_=Eo5zMLRMeHPtsg-ARa7RDddNhDyWluWLfw.

And the link to the video:.

...BUT at 0.49 seconds in "this is your uninterrupted evening to indulge", there are a couple in a Restaurant, I can't place which one, being attended to by a waiter, 'and? so what what I hear you say'......

......on the table in front of the couple is a single tall candlestick containing a pristine white LIT CANDLE!!

An open flame on a cruise ship? Really? Fake Advertising anyone?

Well, I couldn't place the restaurant, either...sure doesn't look like anything on Explorer, at least. So that leads me to believe that it's actually a restaurant in the pre-cruise hotel, hence the candle. :D

(All kidding aside, it looks to me like Prime 7 on either Navigator or Voyager...)

Looked like a real candle (taper) to me, not the little electric ones I've seen onboard.

Kwaj, I believe you're talking about the tea light size flickering LED things they put in the frosted glass shades. They actually do make both pillar and taper candles with movable "flames" which don't look all that bad, although I've yet to see them (or real candles) on Regent.

IMO, if you pause the video, I believe you'll see that the video was taken in Prime 7 on the Mariner. He appears to be eating a porterhouse steak while she appears to be eating surf and turf. There are also Prime 7 side dishes visible. The painting of white asparagus, combined with the layout of the room, makes me almost positive that the video was shot on the Mariner.

As for the candle, whether real or not, at most its depiction would be mere, advertising puffery. IMO, the lack of that candle, not visible on the surrounding tables, would never rise to the level of false advertising. It's too trivial.