Guaranteed stateroom in category or in a type?

azjet

Booking my first cruise and have a what's probably a silly question.. The cruise is on Celebrity and the only available inside staterooms are showing as GTY, in each inside category (09, 10, 11, 12). Does that mean that if I book GTY in 12 (which is $300 more than 09), I will get some stateroom but it will be only in category 12 and not lower? Or can it be any inside stateroom, including 09, 10, 11?

As was said, you'll get category 12 or higher. Have you checked the deckplans carefully to make sure that any and all cabins in category 12 and up would be to your liking? For instance, would a cabin high up in the front of the ship, where you'd get more motion, be acceptable?

I'll likely book category 11, because I don't like the idea of being on deck 3, under all the public spaces, where the category 12 is. Category 11 is on deck 7. I don't suffer from motion sickness (have sailed on monohulls and catamarans before), so where on the deck the cabin is located is not that important.

I'll likely book category 11, because I don't like the idea of being on deck 3, under all the public spaces, where the category 12 is. Category 11 is on deck 7. I don't suffer from motion sickness (have sailed on monohulls and catamarans before), so where on the deck the cabin is located is not that important.

Sounds Great! What ship are you sailing?

Celebrity Reflection

You should go over to the Celebrity Boards. There are a couple of great reviews going on right now; Plus....if you have any questions pertaining to Celebrity and the Reflection, you should post them here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Edited by champagne123

Just be aware that you might be upgraded. Sounds great right? With an inside cabin, perhaps as you might get an oceanview or even a verandah. You might also book a family balcony cabin (huge aft cabin with huge balcony) and get *upgraded* to a concierge cabin in a bad location and instead of that great cabin and balcony, you get a much smaller cabin and balcony with afternoon canapes and other things you probably won't need or use. Some like concierge cabins and i agree they are nice, but for me i wouldn't pay extra for the extras and in this case it was to me definitely not an upgrade. But that's the risk in booking a guarantee.

No guarantees you'll get an UG with a GTY.

I'm doing the same as you are on the Celebrity Millennium. C$815 inc tax for a 15 day TPAC can't be beat so here's to rolling the dice.

Have gotten half decent UGs on Princess and HAL (2 each) which is all I've booked. Never chose a cabin.

Just be aware that you might be upgraded. Sounds great right? With an inside cabin, perhaps as you might get an oceanview or even a verandah. You might also book a family balcony cabin (huge aft cabin with huge balcony) and get *upgraded* to a concierge cabin in a bad location and instead of that great cabin and balcony, you get a much smaller cabin and balcony with afternoon canapes and other things you probably won't need or use. Some like concierge cabins and i agree they are nice, but for me i wouldn't pay extra for the extras and in this case it was to me definitely not an upgrade. But that's the risk in booking a guarantee.

Yeah, I realize that. Not looking for an upgrade, just don't want a downgrade. And for the cruise I'm looking at, there's not much choice of outside of GTY ones.