Club Britannia Balcony Deck 13 Staterooms

BklynBoy8

HI All,

Has anyone had the experience sailing on the QM2 in stateroom 13002 thru 13006.

Impression how you liked it, the distance from most activities on the rest of the ship.

Also the Dining Room (Britannia Club Restaurant) is completely at the other end of the ship, did not find it inconvenient.

Appreciate input from personal experience. Have someone that is concerned about it's placement, obstruction of the Ship's Bridge very close by.

I can't speak for the deck (the highest we've been is on 11) but typically we have a stateroom fairly far forward - between the A and B lifts. We take the B lifts down to 2 and then back along the grand central corridor to Britannia.

The one issue with 13 is that that deck is only serviced by the A lifts so you'd need to walk back around Illuminations and the Royal Court Theatre and those passageways aren't grand (or even level). The other option is to ride down to 7 then aft along the outside promenade to where the C or D lifts will take you to 2. The D lifts are more convenient to the Britannia Club dining section. When we've been on 11 we would do this in reverse as a post dinner passeggiata, if you will, taking the glass elevators from 7 to 11.

Last October we had a stateroom on Deck 13 - not one of the ones mentioned but further aft and on the starboard side. Although the same size as other balcony staterooms, being new, the furnishings are more pleasant to my eye and the shower has a swinging glass door rather than a curtain. Even though all staterooms have been refurbished, the Deck 13 accommodation is a little more elegant. Perhaps it is the marble, faux or otherwise.

Being so far forward and high up you will feel it if the sea gets bumpy (as it did one day on our voyage). Some people will tell you that they went through a storm with a Force "such and such" wind and didn't feel any motion. Those who say that must have been located precisely mid-ships. The QM2 is an incredibly stable ship, but it will bounce in heavy seas, especially that far forward. I have had forward accommodations on Decks 8 and 10 and experienced some bumpy seas, but I can't say it was any worse on Deck 13.

It is indeed a long way to the Britannia Club restaurant from stairway/lifts "A" to "D" and down 11 decks. Because there is no need to be in the restaurant at any specific time that wasn't a problem, although if dining late it would be a good idea to set out 10 minutes before "last orders." My wife joked that we needed to pack a snack for the long trek to the restaurant, but we certainly needed the exercise.

We have been on the QM2 several times so these disadvantages came as no surprise to us. We enjoyed the Club experience and would do it again if the fare was reasonable. For our next two voyages (a one-week cruise followed by a crossing) the Club fare was close to double what we paid last year so we will not be enjoying it this year.

Edited by david,Mississauga

Though not on deck 13, I had a BC stateroom in December. One downside is that the weather was too rough to walk from the D elevator across the open deck. It's better to just walk through the lower level of the main Britannia restaurant. Another thing with entering by the D staircase: crossing to the Maitre D' desk is like crossing a highway! It's the main traffic path to the galley for the waiters.