The Walls In Cabins

cormike1

Are the walls on the river cruise ships magnetic like the ocean cruise ships? I always bring strong magnet hooks to use on the walls to hang things on but it has been a long time since we river cruised and I can't remember. I try and bring things to make extra storage of items as the rooms are very small.

• 1 month later...

As I was packing for an AMA cruise, I was wondering the same about the walls.;)

I too travel with the magnets. They also work well if you want to hang a towel onto those see-through shower doors (if there is a metal strip at the top of the glass). Great if you are traveling with someone other than your spouse. I have a phobia of the cabin steward coming in when DH is out of the room, and I am in the shower. :D

I keep reading that the walls of some of these river cruise ships are fabric or wallpaper. Well the walls on ocean cruise ships also have a covering over the metal!

I do have another question. It's about soundproofing. How about the walls on AMAViola and other AMA ships. Are they soundproof? Especially the cabins that connect. :eek:

• 2 years later...

Since someone else brought this thread back alive, I will go ahead and answer my own above question for AMA.

All walls but one (closet, vanity/desk, and connecting door) were magnetic.  We did not need to use our magnets.  There is a nice bathrobe hook system on the back of the cabin door.  Plenty of storing space elsewhere!

As for the noise between the connecting doors, we could hear occasional loud conversations and coughing when the occupants were near their door.  Otherwise, it was either quiet, or muffled noises. Knowing that they might be able to hear us, we tried to talk in a quiet voice.  However, I think they were hard of hearing because of the loudness of their voices. 

• Like 1