Meet and mingle?

travelberlin

Does Oceania hosts a meet and mingle event? If yes, how long does it take and how is it?

As noted, Oceania does not but if you join your roll call, most likely someone on the roll call will put one together. If you don't have a roll call yet, you can start it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your answers. I wonder why not:confused:

For the most part, O cruisers are extremely self-sufficient and, perhaps more adept (and interested) in DIY. As for Regent, remember that one of its main selling points is "all inclusive" (though significantly more expensive than O, even when you pay for all O options so as to make an "apples to apples" comparison with Regent). It only makes sense that many Regent customers would want and maybe even expect someone to do it (M&G) for them.

As for O cruisers, one only needs to look at some random roll calls to see that they most usually have someone who'll start the M&G "ball rolling."

In fact, the longstanding O tradition (which I just invented) finds newer O cruisers, who have asked about organization of M&G, stepping up and organizing the M&G for their cruise.

So, what's your plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, it's not working well on Regent either. They just started the M&M on Regent, and so far, it's not been received well. Same reasons as given here....so, not sure how long it will last on them either. People seem to prefer having control over the M&G, vs corporate telling them when and where.

Me too. Regent does it for 12 or more on the cruise and it's "O"'s sister company.

Maybe because it does not cost them any more to supply free drinks as you have already paid for it upfront

On Oceania in the early years they did have M & G with free drinks & snacks but as the word spread I am sure it became too costly

I have had M & G for over 100 PAX that is a lot of lost revenue

• 4 weeks later...
Coffee and pastries wouldn't cost much and would go a long way for PR.

Just organize it for before 11 am in Horizons coffee & pastries are available

let O know & they will be sure to restock the goodies

Hi everyone,

This is Phyllis (TravelLoverBySea). Mom and I did a 71 day Oceania cruise a few years ago and they organized a periodic meet and mingle for the 24 passengers who were on the entire cruise. I believe the the cruisecritic passengers had several as well. Ours was a before dinner cocktail get together. Someone has to get the ball rolling.

Phyllis

Edited by TravelLoverbySea
additional language