Diamond and Commodore

mrlevin

Was interested to read about the two new SSS levels in the Sevens Seas Society Quarterly newsletter (btw, a great newsletter). What struck be is that Diamond status will guarantee an invite to the christening cruise for the Explorer II (or whatever it is called) in 2020. I can see that encouraging a number of Titaniums to throw all their cruise dollars at Regent over the next three years in order to make Diamond and get the invitation.

Great marketing ploy!!!

I like the benefits for the two new levels; really better than a periodic free cruise.

Thoughts on the new levels?

Marc

I have a friend that will hit Diamond fairly soon. IMO, it is so far from Titanium to Diamond that it is not even something I am thinking about. Once I got "free laundry" I was a happy camper. The only reason I became a bit obsessed about becoming Titanium is because we were so close to getting to the "400" mark. It blows us away to think that, since 2004, we have spent over a year on a cruise ship (including our days on Silversea and Oceania). Does the loyalty program make us more loyal to Regent? You bet it does - however, if Regent were not such a great product, we would have given them up years ago.

IMO, it is so far from Titanium to Diamond that it is not even something I am thinking about.

But i bet that if you were at 700 nights now you would try to make it to 1000 in time for christening cruise; I know i would.

Marc

But i bet that if you were at 700 nights now you would try to make it to 1000 in time for christening cruise; I know i would.

Marc

300 nights is a heck of a lot of night's. It took us 13 1/2 years to reach 365 nights so there is no way I could do that many nights in under 3 years. While it would be Nice, it won't be happening for us.

Thoughts? The new tier levels don't go into effect until 2018, so who knows. I know several friends that would qualify for Diamond level right now, but none that would be Commodors.

For me, I doubt I will make it even in time for the 2030 launch. ;)

J

41/602

300 nights is a heck of a lot of night's. It took us 13 1/2 years to reach 365 nights so there is no way I could do that many nights in under 3 years. While it would be Nice, it won't be happening for us.

Consider yourself lucky - it's taken us 8 years and we're just hitting gold on our next cruise (77 nights). Between work, kids, budgets, and life in general we just don't have the wherewithal to travel more...

I think it's great for you guy's, but for me I don't even think about it----I like 3 cruise lines a lot and cruise on all three of them. So I'll never get to the top of any of them, maybe mid way for 2 of them. But enjoy the rewards.

Rick

I think it's great for you guy's, but for me I don't even think about it----I like 3 cruise lines a lot and cruise on all three of them. So I'll never get to the top of any of them, maybe mid way for 2 of them. But enjoy the rewards.

Rick

I don't know, man - with the amount of money you spend to get Super Duper MegaTier Status, you could buy a lot of laundry, newspapers, and pressings... :o

I don't know, man - with the amount of money you spend to get Super Duper MegaTier Status, you could buy a lot of laundry, newspapers, and pressings... :o

How true, I think it's cheaper just to buy what I need when I need it. :D That works for me.

We have not received the newsletter. Can anyone post it? Guess we mere platinums don't rate 😏

You should get it soon. From what I read, other Platinum's have gotten theirs. I think the pages are to big to fit in my scanner or I would post it.

J

41/602

We have not received the newsletter. Can anyone post it? Guess we mere platinums don't rate 😏

Well, this "almost Platinum" doesn't rate either. Actually, it is a matter of their messed up mailing list. It took me two years to get mailings and many people are trying to get off of the list Send Jason O'Keefe. an email -- the newsletter is put out by his department (I've already sent an email and received an automatic response indicating that he will be on vacation until Monday the 26th).

We haven't received the latest society newsletter, maybe because we are based in the UK. The highest level for UK members seems to remain at Titanium which is a distant dream for us as however many cruises we take we seem to be stuck in Gold. Regent even refused to credit nights for a cruise we had to cancel even though we had paid in full and received no refund.

Although Regent benefits seem fine compared with other comparable lines, we got a free cruise with Seabourn after 150 days.

We haven't received the latest society newsletter, maybe because we are based in the UK. The highest level for UK members seems to remain at Titanium which is a distant dream for us as however many cruises we take we seem to be stuck in Gold. Regent even refused to credit nights for a cruise we had to cancel even though we had paid in full and received no refund.

Although Regent benefits seem fine compared with other comparable lines, we got a free cruise with Seabourn after 150 days.

Wow not getting credit for nights you paid for doesn't seem fair.

Is there a way to check your current reward nights on the Regent web site?

As has been posted, you can check but it may not be correct. Ours has been wrong for over a year (despite my contacting Regent about it). Fortunately, the website that prints our invoices and final documents has it correct.

From www.rssc.com/seven-seas-society today:

In 2018, we will introduce two additional tiers to our loyalty program: Diamond and Commodore. Guests with more than 1,000 nights sailed will be elevated to the Diamond tier and receive new unique benefits, such as an invitation to an inaugural event. And for those with more than 2,000 nights sailed will be advanced to the Commodore tier-level and receive specialize recognition, in addition to a total of 10% off of their cruise fare for life.

Additional benefits mentioned in the Seven Seas Society Pages, from Jason O'Keefe:

Diamond: one free Regent Choice shore excursion, 5% off cruise fare.

Commodore: commemorative Commodore Officer's jacket, 10% off cruise fare, and a permanent plaque with their names aboard each ship

Benefits start January 1, 2018.