Mariner room 801?

Hello!

First time poster, (not a) longtime lurker... My husband and I are going on our first Regent cruise. We were assigned room 801 and after reading reviews of room 800 on the Voyager, I was wondering if anyone has had an experience in this room or had a room in a similar area? I know the complaint on the Voyager was that it was next to the AC and too loud. I'm not sure if this is the same for the Mariner? If so, does anyone have recommendations for an F deluxe suite?

Thank you in advance! I have enjoyed reading through this forum and everyone's experiences.

As you are going to be sailing on Mariner, be careful about using reviews from Voyager.

Voyager F suites (306 sq ft) are significantly larger than on Mariner (252 sq ft).

Also Mariner will not be refurbished until Spring 2018.

Suite 801 on Mariner has two potential drawbacks:

1. Being at the very front of the ship you will feel more movement during very rough seas, albeit Mariner is a very stable ship
  2. This suite has a bathtub with shower over. Some guests find this arrangement inconvenient and would rather have a suite with 'shower only' (marked with a star on the deck plans)

Have a look at 'SuiteGuru' for suite reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478753

Enjoy your cruise

I would like to add that the bathtub/shower suites are not only inconvenient, many of us find it down right dangerous to get into and out of so if you are in one of those suites, please be careful. Also, if you are tall, the ceiling is a bit low when you are in the bathtub/shower (even if you are shorter, you can easily touch the ceiling without reaching).

I would not worry about the location of any suite on the Mariner as it is a very stable ship. Having said that, any ship feels the wave a bit more in forward suites but it has not stopped us from booking them.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you both for your input! My husband is tall (6'2) so I will see if our TA is able to move us to a different room with a shower instead of bathtub.

Though on that note, I called earlier and she sounded surprised that we had been assigned a room (per the Regent website) since we had bought the rooms under guarantee. Is there a chance that Regent will change our room?

Thanks again!

It depends upon availability. You didn't mention which Mariner cruise you are on. If there is available and IF you have a good TA (one that is familiar with Regent and regularly books cruises with them), there is a good chance that you can change suites. Let us know what happens!