Laundry Benefit Balcony Cabins on the World Cruise

ricki

Could someone please describe the free laundry benefit that is one of the amenities in balcony cabins on the WC on the QE 2018?

Thank you for your help!

Ricki

Ricki, this is from the * part of the World Cruise early booking benefits.

Laundry service includes free laundry up to 1 bag (maximum 20 items) per week, per stateroom, washed and ironed.)

Evana

Ricki, this is from the * part of the World Cruise early booking benefits.

Laundry service includes free laundry up to 1 bag (maximum 20 items) per week, per stateroom, washed and ironed.)

Evana

what??? when did this happen??? thats great! and about time!

what??? when did this happen??? thats great! and about time!

Roscoe, this is also available for World Cruisers in 2019 in all but inside cabins.

In 2018 the Early booking benefit did not include Oceanview for the laundry benefit.

I think it is terrific as well.

I will still end up in the laundry room though, if only for the entertainment. :')

Roscoe, this is also available for World Cruisers in 2019 in all but inside cabins.

In 2018 the Early booking benefit did not include Oceanview for the laundry benefit.

I think it is terrific as well.

I will still end up in the laundry room though, if only for the entertainment. :')

Interesting although wasn't mentioned when I booked the world 2019... and I wonder if they have changed the other benefits....one site I found mentioned that you got only ...A commemorative present for the WC...up until 2017 we got one per sector.

I wonder if that's the trade off.

I can't seem to find any references online listing all the benefits and ask Cunard isn't much help either.

The laundry benefit makes all the difference though although the minus is that you don't have the entertainment value associated with regular visits to the laundry.

Who will tell me about the couple fighting and were thrown off or about the cocktail dress been stolen or even the story about the chocolate bar in the dryer now???? Damn....

I can't seem to find any references online listing all the benefits and ask Cunard isn't much help either.

This is from my travel agents website.

Early Booking Benefits, when you book before December 31, 2017

• Reduced Deposit
  • Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per stateroom
  • Free Transfers Pre & Post Voyage via motorcoach (Ocean view & Above) or via Private Car (Grills)
  • Complimentary Captain's Wine Collection, selection of 6 bottles (Ocean view & Above)
  • Complimentary Alternative Dining Credit (Ocean view & Above)
  • Complimentary Laundry Service (Ocean vew & Above)
  • Up to $1,500 Shipboard Credit per stateroom (Balcony)
  • Up to $3,000 Shipboard Credit per suite (Grills)

Plus, Cunard's Full World Cruise Benefits:

• Welcome on board reception
  • Services of a World Voyage Concierge and use of private lounge
  • World Voyage Cocktail Parties
  • Gala Special Event
  • Free Gratuities
  • Unique Commemorative Gift

This is from my travel agents website.

Early Booking Benefits, when you book before December 31, 2017

• Reduced Deposit
  • Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per stateroom
  • Free Transfers Pre & Post Voyage via motorcoach (Ocean view & Above) or via Private Car (Grills)
  • Complimentary Captain's Wine Collection, selection of 6 bottles (Ocean view & Above)
  • Complimentary Alternative Dining Credit (Ocean view & Above)
  • Complimentary Laundry Service (Ocean vew & Above)
  • Up to $1,500 Shipboard Credit per stateroom (Balcony)
  • Up to $3,000 Shipboard Credit per suite (Grills)

Plus, Cunard's Full World Cruise Benefits:

• Welcome on board reception
  • Services of a World Voyage Concierge and use of private lounge
  • World Voyage Cocktail Parties
  • Gala Special Event
  • Free Gratuities
  • Unique Commemorative Gift

ok...so it doesn't look like a change with Cunard, those benefits must be through the agent, the Cunard World Benefits also mention unique commemorative gift ....singular not plural, but apart from that their benefits haven't changed. It would be interesting if other countries travel agents are offering similar benefits...certainly an enticement to book other than with Cunard direct....

Hi,

A result from a Google Search re complimentary bag of laundry per Stateroom for full World Cruisers/Voyagers with Cunard came up with a link; "2019 Full World Voyages Early Booking Benefits - Cunard Cruise.... www.Cunard.Com>Cruise-types>2019-f...." showing there is an offer for free laundry. However when attempting to open the link it takes me to another page, it could be that it is a link only for Cunard (USA). If anyone posting from the US could try the link?

I have asked my UK TA to check with Cunard to see if the offer does exist and I will post their answer.

We are booked on the full Voyage and it would be a great benefit to us.

Georgina1

imagepng

imagepng

Edited by Georgina1
Spelling

Interesting although wasn't mentioned when I booked the world 2019... and I wonder if they have changed the other benefits....one site I found mentioned that you got only ...A commemorative present for the WC...up until 2017 we got one per sector.

I wonder if that's the trade off.

The laundry benefit makes all the difference though although the minus is that you don't have the entertainment value associated with regular visits to the laundry.

Who will tell me about the couple fighting and were thrown off or about the cocktail dress been stolen or even the story about the chocolate bar in the dryer now???? Damn....

Were you also on the QE 2017 World Cruise? The laundry room stories were all amazing.

Were you also on the QE 2017 World Cruise? The laundry room stories were all amazing.

I was also on a segment of the QE 2017 World Cruise and the discussion with one of the dance hosts very entertaining including tips on the best time get a machine without waiting. His cabin was next door and very morning he would put just 3 items in the dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok...so it doesn't look like a change with Cunard, those benefits must be through the agent, the Cunard World Benefits also mention unique commemorative gift ....singular not plural, but apart from that their benefits haven't changed. It would be interesting if other countries travel agents are offering similar benefits...certainly an enticement to book other than with Cunard direct....

Perhaps the benefits are different depending on residence when booking BUT this is from the Cunard.com website. I did have to dig, but I finally found it.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-types/world-cruises/2019-full-world-voyage-benefits-us/

AHA, as I posted the link above it appears that these are the benefits for US cruisers.

Go for it Roscoe. We have faith that these will be yours as soon as you make that phone call. :)

Who could deny you?

no Queen Victoria.....best ship in the fleet....:D

those stories are recanted on every ship I have ever been on and the person telling it always swears it just happened and was completely true...getting painfully insulted if it was suggested they were myths. Always good for a wind-up...:p

Perhaps the benefits are different depending on residence when booking BUT this is from the Cunard.com website. I did have to dig, but I finally found it.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-types/world-cruises/2019-full-world-voyage-benefits-us/

AHA, as I posted the link above it appears that these are the benefits for US cruisers.

Go for it Roscoe. We have faith that these will be yours as soon as you make that phone call. :)

Who could deny you?

thanks but unfortunately that link reverts to the Australian site. ...and there is defiantly no offer similar there!

the booze offer could come in handy too.......lol....

no Queen Victoria.....best ship in the fleet....:D

those stories are recanted on every ship I have ever been on and the person telling it always swears it just happened and was completely true...getting painfully insulted if it was suggested they were myths. Always good for a wind-up...:p

I am wondering if they are myths, because these stories make the rounds:

The woman wearing the missing dress, when confronted by the owner says "Prove it!"

The woman who removed still damp clothes from the dryer while the clothes' owner was in the laundry room. He did not say anything, but waited intil she left, and then carefully redistributed all of her clothes in all the remaining dryers.

I did, however, personally see this on the Crystal WC last year. I was waiting for my clothes and two men were ironing ( and no, that isn't the myth part;)) when a woman, known around the ship for her rather provocative clothes, walks in and says "Oh, good. An empty washer!" She proceeds to remove her dress and put it in the washer. She turns to the men and says, "You don't mind, do you?" And left the laundry room in her underwear!

Ricki

I did, however, personally see this on the Crystal WC last year. I was waiting for my clothes and two men were ironing ( and no, that isn't the myth part;)) when a woman, known around the ship for her rather provocative clothes, walks in and says "Oh, good. An empty washer!" She proceeds to remove her dress and put it in the washer. She turns to the men and says, "You don't mind, do you?" And left the laundry room in her underwear!

Ricki

i love her already, she obviously was a fan of the old Levis add where the guy does that. I would try it too if I didn't think the occupants of the room didn't run screaming down the companionway....

i love her already, she obviously was a fan of the old Levis add where the guy does that. I would try it too if I didn't think the occupants of the room didn't run screaming down the companionway....

:')

As a friend of mine used to say, that's a story that ends with you saying "Officer, these handcuffs are too tight."

Further to my post 11. above.

I asked my UK Travel Agent to check with Cunard on the offer and they came back; that it is for US passengers who book a World Cruise/Voyage in 2018/2019 over 89 nights and have booked a Balcony Grade or above.

However I have contacted Cunard UK and said I believe it is discriminatory against U.K. and other overseas passengers who book the same cruise. The offer clearly states that 'Cunard' and not 'Cunard USA'; "Cunard offers to guests on Full World Voyages ( 89 nights or longer)...... ". It also states; "On 2019 World Voyages and Exotic Cruises, members of the Cunard World Club ... Laundry Service includes free laundry up to 1 bag (maximum 20 items) per ...". I can understand that if the offer was from a US Travel Agent to gain an advantage which a number of US Travel Agents do with differing offers, but it was from Cunard and the statement that it was for members of the Cunard World Club is somewhat misleading as I understand from both UK and US versions of the Cunard World Club are; apart from a word or two identical and neither include this offer in the list of benefits. So it really is an early booking benefit and should apply to all early bookers.

I explained that the numbers that complete a full World Cruise are between 300 and 400 (Roscoe may be able to update these numbers from this years World Cruise) and if you take single cabins that would be approx 160 and 210 Staterooms who would receive the benefit, less if you just include Balcony grades and above and even fewer taking off US passengers already in receipt of the offer. The implementation of this offer would be minimal in cost and the PR gain to Cunard enormous and encourage more early bookers as I believe that this benefit is really important to passengers on such long cruises.

I will update when Cunard reply - they have promised an answer within a week or so.

Georgina1

I hope that you are able to get clarification. The thing to remember however is that nothing is free. If the people in the US are getting "free" laundry as a perk it is probably factored into our price.

Just as I am aware that our "free gratuities" are not really free.

Were we to compare fares, we would have a better idea.

Evana