Tui discovery 2

We are cruising on the TUI DISCOVERY 2 in September and are just wondering what to wear on the "dress to impress" night. How formal is it? My husband isn't keen in taking his dinner suit for one night but doesn't want to be the only one. Any info would be much appreciated.

We are cruising on the TUI DISCOVERY 2 in September and are just wondering what to wear on the "dress to impress" night. How formal is it? My husband isn't keen in taking his dinner suit for one night but doesn't want to be the only one. Any info would be much appreciated.

You might try this forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218.

I saw some TUI threads there.

Can't speak for the ship specifically, but Thomson (TUI) ships do have a traditional dress code in the main dining room on formal nights, and it's well-observed by passengers.

I've seen as many as about 85% of gents in DJs and as few as about 60%. The others wear dark lounge suit, blazers & slacks, and assorted uniforms & national dress, including kilts.

None of the above look out-of-place

This, by the way, regardless of where the ship is.

Other nights in the MDR, long trousers and a collared or roll-neck shirt but no need for a jacket or tie.

On formal nights some passengers - especially many with kids - use the lido buffet, where there's no dress code other than no bare feet or chests.

Come to think of it, some prefer to use the buffet cruise-long. Which is a shame cos there's always good food and a good ambience in the MDR.

JB :)