Hello! First Time cruiser with a few questions!

IslandSpice7

Hi everyone, my husband and I are so excited to be going on the Norwegian sky leaving out of Miami on July 21-24. It's a 3 day cruise to Bahamas.

We have 2 excursions booked Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter in Nassau & Waverunner for 2 in Great Stirrup Cay.

I am really excited and just had a few questions.

1) We wanted to go to Atlantis Resort to visit Marina Village for some shopping & to pick up some souvenirs. *Is it worth it or should we just wait til we go back to the ship to shop around?

2) How much $$ should we bring on the cruise?

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks again :)

There is a huge straw market right by the port in Nassau. And kiosks outside the visitors Center. Lots of souvenir shopping there. Lots of little shops in the same area. Leave Atlantis for another time. EM

Money wise it is pretty much up to you - your onboard expenses will be applied to your credit card. Think about transport from airport, cash to tip the porter if you are leaving a bag at the pier, tipping for room service if you use it, and any tipping of staff above standard daily tips. In Nassau- souvenirs, transport and any food and drink off the ship. We choose not to carry much cash off the ship knowing if we really needed to we could get more from a bank ATM. Have fun.

I was on the NCL Sky 5/29th - 6/2nd. Very fun. I didn't find it to be a booze cruise. There were some on Weds. late afternoon as we left the dock for the next stop that were feeling VERY good.

The nightime games in Dazzles were incredibly funny. The shows in the theater were awesome. NOT Broadway ... but come on ... so much fun.

The art auction is always a hoot. They put insane crazy high prices on what are essentially posters in ugly chunky frames. But you drink a bunch of champagne and talk to people. It's fun.

There is a huge straw market right by the port in Nassau. And kiosks outside the visitors Center. Lots of souvenir shopping there. Lots of little shops in the same area. Leave Atlantis for another time. EM

Thank you!! I read some reviews on the Straw Market, is it nearby Bay Street? Or is that pretty much the same thing? Forgive me if these questiosn have been asked before. I guess what I am looking for is quality items (I read on Straw Market some negative reviews-ie vendors being pushy, etc.) but then again I know how everyone can have their own experiences...

My question is this: After Blue Lagoon, is Marina Village by Atlantis easily accessible? We are just wanting to check out the village, nothing else...

Thanks again :)

You walk off the ship, and off the dock...and you're pretty much at the back of the "straw market" area....it's several blocks long! The vendors aren't any "pushier" than in any tourist spot! They will ask if you need help, did you find what you're looking for, etc....simply say, "I'm just looking, thank you" and all is well!