Viking Rhine Questions

ArubaGal

Cruising Basel to Amsterdam in October with a 2 nt pre cruise extension in Lucerne through Viking. I have several scheduling questions as we are looking to do additional excursions. Has anyone done this routing before that can provide insight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising Basel to Amsterdam in October with a 2 nt pre cruise extension in Lucerne through Viking. I have several scheduling questions as we are looking to do additional excursions. Has anyone done this routing before that can provide insight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't done this route, but some friends did it recently, and I scanned the dailies. You can download them at the link below. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have problems with the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0nz16ahW1fid0JFWXpGX1AzSE0

I haven't done this route, but some friends did it recently, and I scanned the dailies. You can download them at the link below. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have problems with the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0nz16ahW1fid0JFWXpGX1AzSE0

Thanks for these. Do you by chance have the menus?

Just took the same trip with Lucerne extension at the beginning. Our guide was very flexible and offered to do the walking tour at other times so we did that late afternoon the 1st day. We spent the whole 2nd day on the boat/rail/tram trip to Mt. Pilates, you can do it on your own. The last day, we took the train to Stanzerhorn. Viking offered the trip for 2 times what we paid by getting our own tickets at the train station. It was simple and within walking distance from the hotel.

Be sure to hang onto the Lucerne bus passes the guide will give you at the hotel, they are good for hop on/off all over Lucerne.

I'd be happy to help with more specific questions, you'll have a wonderful time!

Sherry