Easy excursion for the elderly?

julee407

Belize is a tender port (long tender ride) so you'll need to consider that in addition to having few if any really easy things that don't require walking there.

Any chance they would enjoy just staying on the ship more? ;)

I suggest doing a city tour that visits the Anglican Church and a couple of museums, including the cultural museum across fro the church in the old Governors mansion with lots of artifacts from the British colonial era. Both of these are accessible by a short taxi ride as well. Small donation required for entrance to the cultural museum.

You may wish to add on a trip to Altun Ha. It's a little under an hour drive from the port, but well kept grounds and walkways and a small museum and shops with shady areas.

If you don't mind a boat ride, some of the Cays are nice. We went to Bannister Island on our second visit. Small island with sandy beach, food and drink and reasonably priced. There are others. Just about any thing worth doing entails a tour.

• 1 month later...

My mom and her friend are in their mid-70's and they didn't want to do a lot of walking with bad knees. They were also concerned about safety going off on their own, two ladies in their 70's. There was an informational train tour of the city they took and enjoyed, and then did some brief shopping before hopping back on the tender boat. I believe they booked it through Carnival.