Walk to town

jpres

Is the town an easy walk from the ship for shopping?

Thanks

Sandra

I swear I'm not stalking you! 😀

Yes, the central part of Basseterre is right there. You can go to the circus and find a taxi if you want to do some sightseeing. I don't recall a lot of shopping in town. There may be more in the cruise port area.

I swear I'm not stalking you! 😀

Yes, the central part of Basseterre is right there. You can go to the circus and find a taxi if you want to do some sightseeing. I don't recall a lot of shopping in town. There may be more in the cruise port area.

Ha ha, thanks. I posted the same question on several of the ports we are visiting.

Sandra

Above info is good if you dock at Port Zante.

Last time we were in St Kitts (on Celebrity) we docked at the out of town dock and had to take a shuttle into town. Just something to be aware of.

If there are several large ships in port at the same time you may have to dock at the "deep water" port. It is the commercial dock. If that is the case they usually have a free shuttle service to Port Zante. They are planning to add an additional pier to accommodate the increase in cruise ship calls to St Kitts.

If there are several large ships in port at the same time you may have to dock at the "deep water" port. It is the commercial dock. If that is the case they usually have a free shuttle service to Port Zante. They are planning to add an additional pier to accommodate the increase in cruise ship calls to St Kitts.

Yes. We were planning to just walk to Palm Court so it is just something to keep in mind. Not a problem but it does affect timing.