Cheapest Beach Day Option - Docking in Downtown

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

My grandmother and I will be docking in Cozumel next week on the Divina, which will be docking downtown. We are looking for a good beach day options, preferrably with access to chairs and bathrooms. Can someone please give us some recommendations, including a projected taxi fare, the price of admission into the beach club and/or the price of chairs, and maybe a small review/some pictures? We have heard of Playa Azul, but we aren't sure if it is open only to hotel guests or if we can just get on the beach. We have also heard of Carlos N Charlies, but we aren't sure if it's too rowdy for us. We are not really looking for any expensive all inclusive options such as Nachi or Mr.Sanchos, juse an easy-going beach bar or maybe a hotel day pass that we can enjoy for some time while docked in Cozumel.

Thank you so much to anyone in advance who can help! :)

I highly recommend Paradise Beach. For $3 and a commitment to purchase at least $10 in food, you get chairs, umbrella and beach/pool use. I have a cruise review (see the last pages of it for pictures and more info). If you wanted to use the water "toys" it's an additional $15-18. The taxi was $16.00.

See more here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2533241

I highly recommend Paradise Beach. For $3 and a commitment to purchase at least $10 in food, you get chairs, umbrella and beach/pool use. I have a cruise review (see the last pages of it for pictures and more info). If you wanted to use the water "toys" it's an additional $15-18. The taxi was $16.00.

See more here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2533241

Donna,

Funny story, I am actually reading your review and am subscribed, but I had not caught up in a few days, so I just caught up to your review! And thank you so much for the information, Paradise Beach seems like a good option for us. Was the taxi $16 roundtrip or each way? The water seemed somewhat dirty. Was there a storm or is it usually that dirty?

Thank you!

Donna,

Funny story, I am actually reading your review and am subscribed, but I had not caught up in a few days, so I just caught up to your review! And thank you so much for the information, Paradise Beach seems like a good option for us. Was the taxi $16 roundtrip or each way? The water seemed somewhat dirty. Was there a storm or is it usually that dirty?

Thank you!

Too funny. I just didn't want to retype or add all my pictures again here. It was easier to link it!

The taxi is $16 each way.

The water was dirty in the shallow due to the storm that had passed that morning. Once you went out a little further it was crystal clear!

The food there is amazing also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too funny. I just didn't want to retype or add all my pictures again here. It was easier to link it!

The taxi is $16 each way.

The water was dirty in the shallow due to the storm that had passed that morning. Once you went out a little further it was crystal clear!

The food there is amazing also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! :D

For the life of me, I can't see how anyone would even consider buying "diamond" jewelry in a Caribbean port, where there is absolutely no recourse once you return home and find out you've been had...

I am confused, is this an unrealted statement? Because nowhere did anyone mention buying jewelry in this thread.