Never used Uber , got a POM Uber pickup question to get to Ft L

thesawch

hello from Canada, we have never used Uber before. I was thinking of signing up and using it to get from POM after our cruise in Feb and want to take it to our hotel on Los Olas area of Ft L beach . How do you meet up with the uber driver or where do you find him after getting off the ship and how long do you contact uber before you need to be picked up ?? Thanks for all info in advance .

You'll want to put the Uber App on your smart phone and that will include entering your credit card information.

Once you have claimed your luggage you can contact Uber via the telephone. They can locate you via GPS so you just need to select which service you want (they have a few choices based on size of vehicle) and put in the destination. You will meet them outside the terminal area usually at the pick up locations for other private vehicles.

For question about UBER you can just go to https://www.uber.com/ride/

There is a lot of information there.

We used it for the first time this past January getting from hotel to Port of Miami and loved it.

Keith

You won't want to request the ride until you are ready to be picked up. They generally arrive within 5-10 minutes. Once a driver has accepted the ride you will receive their picture and vehicle description in the app. There is also an option to contact the driver which I would recommend to give them a better description of where you are standing (pole number etc). Some say they send a picture of themselves to the driver. Anything to help with locating each other in the chaos.

• 3 weeks later...

I used uber for pick up from Pom in April. Called as soon as got thru customs and car was there within minutes. Very easy to find him. We used uber three times for that cruise out of Miami and 2 of 3 spoke almost no English. Was not a problem (my husband is native Spanish speaking) but recommend double checking address and will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums