The unsung staff on the PG

Emdee

The unsung staff of the PG.

If the PG wins so many accolades it is because of it's unsung heroes. Many of these people have been on the PG for years making their way up the ranks. They are too many to name but I would like to showcase a few whom i have seen around the ship .

William, deck steward has a huge smile and a warm welcome for me each time I see him. He was quick to remember my favourite drink of lime juice, salt and iced water and offered one to me each time he saw me. He has been on the ship for 5 consecutive years.

Adriano bar waiter who has been 7 years on PG is very quiet with a charming shy smile and goes about his business making sure that everyone has a drink at all times, around the pool and in the dining room. I have seen him over the years but this was the first time I had the opportunity to speak to him.

Marian and Jay in housekeeping , these are behind the scenes staff who go around providing stellar service with a ready smile. Jay has been almost 5 years with PG cruises. Her husband also works on the ship but was home on vacation with their two kids at this time. She met me on arrival with a big smile and hug. Nothing beats the warmth of the PG staff .Marian has been on the PG for four years. She does 8 months on board and then is home for two months.

Hermie, Rudolpho, Jouben and Marlon have been on the ship for a number of years. They are always there to take your plate when you return from the buffet. Rudolpho noted day 1 that my friends like freshly squeezed OJ and after the first day made sure that some was on hand each morning. These guys really spoil you on the PG. Hats off to them ...they are what makes the PG a special ship and keep us coming back time after time.

I met Victor ,the CDC and Kenya trained sanitation officer, when he was doing spot checking of hygiene in La Palette. He insures that the ship follows local sanitation and public health regulations and is quite passionate about his job. He has Input in food service , cold food to be kept cold and hot foods hot. PG has never had a GI outbreak under his watch.

Ricardo Lopez has been Bosun since 1997 when the PG was being built. He was also very unassuming and shy but opened up as I chatted him up. He has only good things to say about the line and finds supportive management the reason for his longevity. He is responsible for maintenance of the ship including cleaning, painting hull, tendering operations etc.

These are the unsung staff who work behind the scenes to ensure a smooth sailing for all. It is their contribution that brings the ship its awards.