Escape studio set up

AdoraBelle

There's a stairway inside the studio cabin area that leads to the lounge whether you're above or below it... Just as easy to get there as if you were staying on deck 11...

Sorry, I was half asleep when I wrote my post.

What I was really getting at was confirmation that the main area of the lounge, meaning the coffee machine, was on deck 11. Although I'd be curious to know if the lounge itself has multiple levels, or staircases to both deck 10 and deck 12.

I have no problems with stairs. It's more about liking to be close to the lounge so I can get caffeine in the morning and sneak back out quickly.

Sorry, I was half asleep when I wrote my post.

What I was really getting at was confirmation that the main area of the lounge, meaning the coffee machine, was on deck 11. Although I'd be curious to know if the lounge itself has multiple levels, or staircases to both deck 10 and deck 12.

I have no problems with stairs. It's more about liking to be close to the lounge so I can get caffeine in the morning and sneak back out quickly.

i was on floor 10 and walked up the stairs to the lounge

• 3 weeks later...

Twice I've chosen room 10503, right at the bottom of the solo lounge stairs - loved that location. But really any room near there would be fine too.

Edited by nycdita

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick update (OP here). I had another thread about my specific room but can't find it (from several months back). I ended up in 12527 because it didn't connect to other cabins. At the time someone assured me they'd been in that cabin and it was great and quiet. Ack, no.

The reason it doesn't connect to other cabins is because it's in between two crew storage rooms, both of which sound like they contain industrial ice machines. If you look at the floor plan, that intersection of hallways is also a place crew like to hang out and chat, loudly.

I'm used to deck 10 of the GA, which IIRC has other solo studios above it. Based on the tramping of feet running above me, there were lots of families on deck 13.

(Unfortunately I was a noro victim on this sailing, so got to hear the ice machines, loud crew chatter, and running feet at all hours.)

Meanwhile, they propped open both deck 12 studio area doors on embark day, so non solo travelers were in and out a lot, and I heard lots of people "joking" about how they were going to sneak in later for the coffee machine. Lucky for them, the starboard side door on deck 12 doesn't close properly unless you pull it shut behind you, so the studio area was basically free access at all times.

I won't be sailing NCL again for other reasons (mostly due to how I was treated when I had noro), but the studio experience felt much less quiet, secluded and tranquil on Escape than on my prior GA trips, and I wouldn't repeat it.

I would DEFINITELY recommend avoiding the forward rooms on deck 12.

That's a bummer. Loved my cabin on 10 on Escape in Jan (at the foot of the solo lounge stairs and a non-connecting room). Will be in the same room in 17 days on Getaway. Every time I saw the main studio area doors open I closed them and told the crew not to leave them open. Not just for the folks having access to our lounge, but also safety reasons. There are main doors that requires a studio room key for a reason.

That's a bummer. Loved my cabin on 10 on Escape in Jan (at the foot of the solo lounge stairs and a non-connecting room). Will be in the same room in 17 days on Getaway. Every time I saw the main studio area doors open I closed them and told the crew not to leave them open. Not just for the folks having access to our lounge, but also safety reasons. There are main doors that requires a studio room key for a reason.

I'm glad someone else sees it that way. It was really weird (on Escape) having the solo studio area treated as a public space after my experience on GA. As a female traveling solo, I liked that extra set of doors and not having to wonder about random people wandering around. People also brought their kids to the studio lounge.

When you say the 'main' studio area doors, do you mean deck 12? Those were the ones they actually had propped open all day on embark day. I'd never seen that done on GA--at most the crew would turn one deadbolt so that the door didn't close all the way, when they were moving luggage in and out, then they'd fix it when they were done.

I only noticed the doors on 10 & 11 -- I never had a reason to be on 12. I understand the crew propping doors open when they clean etc. but all other times all the main studio entry doors on all 3 floors should be closed so the non-studio folks shouldn't be able to wander around. It's up to all of us to complain if we see that happening. At the customer services desks is best so that all crew is made aware.

• 9 months later...
I only noticed the doors on 10 & 11 -- I never had a reason to be on 12. I understand the crew propping doors open when they clean etc. but all other times all the main studio entry doors on all 3 floors should be closed so the non-studio folks shouldn't be able to wander around. It's up to all of us to complain if we see that happening. At the customer services desks is best so that all crew is made aware.

Thanks for putting your experience into words because after reading your post 10503 is mine the week of September 2017