Parking For Galveston Cruise

Sportscruiser5000

We just got back from our cruise out of Galveston. We used lighthouse parking with the anysail discount code. It was really easy to get in and out of the parking lot. They stopped by our car to load all of our luggage and then unloaded it at the terminal. We were good to move, but they did gesture a porter over to indicate that an older lady on our transport (she was traveling alone) needed assistance. We did have to wait in a short line getting off to get back to the lot, but they had at least 2 running and were getting people on and off (bringing some early for the next cruise) quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a good experience with Galveston park n cruise. We got off the ship and walked back to our car. It is not a long walk at all. Very good experience with embarking and debarking the ship too. Liberty of the Seas.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to find the post that stated the hotel that offers free parking and shuttle to the port. We have an early December cruise with RCCL and would appreciate any suggestions. It all seems so overwhelming.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I was looking at the Park N Cruise website and said they cannot accommodate oversize vehicles. What qualifies as oversize. We have a Chevy Traverse which I am assuming is NOT considered oversize, but thought someone here might know.

• 4 weeks later...
I've been trying to find the post that stated the hotel that offers free parking and shuttle to the port. We have an early December cruise with RCCL and would appreciate any suggestions. It all seems so overwhelming.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

The Tremont House and Hotel Galvez are sister properties.

IF you stay there the night before you will pay approx $20 valet parking but you can then leave your vehicle for no extra charge while you're on the ship.

At the Tremont they drive your car to the Galvez and leave it in their parking garage, at Galvez of course they just put in same space.

Just talked to them yesterday.

Bear in mind Dec 1 -3 is Dickens so it'll be crowded:D

https://galveston.com/dickensonthestrand/

We use Galveston Park N Cruise. It is right across the street, and it is a little bit cheaper than Galveston VIP Cruise parking. If everyone on your reservation is healthy, it is an easy walk across the street. We did it with bags the year our kids were 9 and 7, and that was easy enough. If someone will need assistance, drop them off first. The best part is when you disembark and are immediately ready to go.

We use Galveston Park N Cruise. It is right across the street, and it is a little bit cheaper than Galveston VIP Cruise parking. If everyone on your reservation is healthy, it is an easy walk across the street. We did it with bags the year our kids were 9 and 7, and that was easy enough. If someone will need assistance, drop them off first. The best part is when you disembark and are immediately ready to go.

We did too. It wasn’t a bad walk back, just a bit hot. It was so nice to be able to get off the ship and go straight to our car.

If you are not used to the high humidity/heat like of a sauna, the walk will be very difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

The good news is that when it's 110 and 20% humidity in Wichita Falls, it's 102 and 40% humidity in Dallas, 96 and 80% humidity in Houston, and 93 and 95% humidity in Galveston. Everything has its tradeoff!

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone ever used Port Parking? (Actual name of the company, not a general description :) )

We did about 1 1/2 years ago. It was fine. Shuttles were just dropping people off not as close to check in area as others. And the lot itself isn't marked very well for trying to find your car upon return. That was a little bit of a challenge. But overall it was fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Which terminal does DCL use? What lots are the closest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They share one with Royal Caribbean, it's the one furthest West. Distance isn't really going to matter because you'll most likely be using a shuttle to it but to answer your question EZ Cruise is probably the closest but not by much compared to the official port lots.

• 4 weeks later...

Park N Cruise and ViP Cruise Parking I believe are the same folks. PnC are a bit cheaper but I noticed both of their rates have gone up some and they have also now added a 7% service fee. We normally always park at ViP but the price is creeping higher and higher.

Go on line and look for coupons as well ... it cut $10 off of our parking for a week long cruise.

We have used:

EZ Cruise Parking, 2727 Santa Fe Pl, Galveston, TX 77550

Galveston Park N Cruise, 2514 New Strand St, Galveston, TX 77550 [indoors only great if you are afraid of your car being damaged by weather more $$]

81st Dolphin Parking, 2801 Market St # D, Galveston, TX 77550

and Lighthouse Cruise Parking, 309 29th Street Map, Galveston, TX 77550

All are within walking distance. Shuttles are available for them to the terminals. RCI is at Terminal 2.

Edited by ScubaCruiser54

• 1 year later...

San Luis , Hilton and Holiday Inn Resort owned by same and also have common parking and transfer operation. 

Moody Gardens has parking and transfer operation . 

Doubletree has parking and transfer operation . 

Marriott has parking and transfer operation . 

Call and ask at your lodging for package including those services . 

Most full service hotels provide availablity . 

Realistically there are not complaints about Private or Port owned parking facilities. Choose your favorite you have comfort with . 

All are close and apparently are providing good services . Whether you walk in or are shuttled in . 

• Like 1