Miami port rental dropoff

rover11

I had this all figured out in port canaveral thanks to CC, but on our next cruise, we fly to Fort Lauderdale and cruise from Miami.

With 7 of us, i would like to rent a car at FLL, stay over in Miami for one night, then drop off the crew at the port for embarkation, and then return the rental car alone somewhere close and take a shuttle back to the port.

Has anyone done this successfully and can pass along the specifics?

thank you

There is a car rental location in the Intercontinental hotel right beside Bayside(?) Market that is less than a 5 minute taxi back to the cruise terminal. Used them on our last cruise out of Miami and was extremely satisfied. Had picked up car @ MIA and returned it there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a recent trip (not cruise) Budget has a "pay now" rate, but due to a supposed computer issue, I was unable to take advantage of this rate. Bottom line, they charged me about $50 more than this rate, despite 7 phone calls in the two days before the trip. I was refused an adjustment at the time I picked up the car and again from Customer Service when I got home. I will not use this company or their partner, Avis, again.

thank you moki'smommy

i was hoping you'd weigh in on the subject. unfortunately right now it looks like budget has the best price. My favorite company, enterprise,has a $100. "drop off" fee, which jacks up the price. Im not done researching, but if i go Budget, i wont get the "pay now" rate. In the past, Ive found that a better price usually comes along