When does Disney post their 2019 cruises?

sydsmom2034

When will Disney post their 2019 Western Caribbean cruises? I'm looking for something in July 2019. Thanks

Not meaning to sound snarky, but DCL releases their itineraries when they want. But, current speculation, based on past releases is:

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017

Summer 2019: anytime between February 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018

Fall 2019: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

Not meaning to sound snarky, but DCL releases their itineraries when they want. But, current speculation, based on past releases is:

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017

Summer 2019: anytime between February 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018

Fall 2019: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

So they release the end of 2019 before they release the middle of the year? Is that just odd?

So they release the end of 2019 before they release the middle of the year? Is that just odd?

Well, "winter" begins with the first cruise in Jan.

winter - first cruise in the new year to to Apr/May (but not Panama Canal or TransAtlantic)

summer - May to Aug/Sep (but not Panama Canal and TransAtlantic)

fall - Sep until end of year

There is a lot of variation in when they dates have been released in past years, as you can see from Shmoo's chart. In addition, they have been known to release the information for the Port Canaveral Dream and Fantasy cruises a few weeks before the Magic and Wonder--presumably they were still working on port contracts and stuff. The bottom line is that the information will be released when DCL has worked out all the details for the next season. I know that isn't helpful, but that's it. Travel agents are generally notified a day or two in advance, and as soon as they get the word, someone leaks it to the boards. I alert my agent if I am looking for something, and they'll get back with me as soon as they hear anything from DCL.

There is a lot of variation in when they dates have been released in past years' date=' as you can see from Shmoo's chart. In addition, they have been known to release the information for the Port Canaveral Dream and Fantasy cruises a few weeks before the Magic and Wonder--presumably they were still working on port contracts and stuff. The bottom line is that the information will be released when DCL has worked out all the details for the next season. I know that isn't helpful, but that's it. Travel agents are generally notified a day or two in advance, and as soon as they get the word, someone leaks it to the boards. I alert my agent if I am looking for something, and they'll get back with me as soon as they hear anything from DCL.[/quote']

thanks

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, the information I have is that they might push back the release for 2019 summer by a little bit, people have said they might release the Dream and Fantasy summer dates first. They would wait to do the Magic and Wonder summer dates because of the Magic's dry dock apparently.

We may have gotten the same e-mail. It basically said "we don't know, but soon" and that the Dream and Fantasy may be released first. DCL has a history of doing this as the port contracts for these ships are basically the same while the contracts for the Magic are new each summer. We can surmise that the Wonder will do Alaska, but exact ports are somewhat in question.

and we'll be booking!! woo hoo!!!

thank you DCL for putting out so many summer 2019 disney magic cruises that work for sabbath observers (there were barely any that work in 2018).

and so i'm putting together my email for the TA holding our placeholders.

it's the whole clan on board....woohoo!!!

and even contemplating throwing in DLP at the end....woo hoo (ok, less of a woo hoo for that one...wo ho)...

so 2019 here we come!! woo hoo....

I'm flabbergasted. We just got the pricing for the 11 day Southern Caribbean. For 2 adults ina category 5E, $9K! That's just absurd. Okay, it's the summer, but that's twice as much as we paid in 2014 when we did a 7-day Southern Caribbean followed by a 3-day repo to PC.

We just booked the following for summer 2019, both in category 5B (same stateroom, back-to-back):

- 13 night eastbound transatlantic: $6,450

- 7 night Mediterranean (round trip Barcelona) $5,860

These prices include ground transfers and vacation protection (I know we should look at third party travel insurance). We used placeholder reservations, and we received the onboard discount.

I thought these were pretty reasonable for DCL. We spent 21 days on the Magic last summer, doing the Baltic, Norwegian/Icelandic Cruises, and these 20 days were half the price of those 21 days. That’s because the transatlantic is cheaper on a per day basis. But, I did expect the Mediterranean portion to be a bit more. (And was surprised by Southern Caribbean posting noted by another poster - we did 11 days on the Wonder in January/February - 7 night Southern + 4 night repositioning- and I don’t recall it being that expensive).

I am truly excited for the itinerary. The transatlantic has interesting ports in Portugal and Spain that we would not normally visit. We last did the Mediterranean in 2007, first year DCL was there. Our children, now adults, are cruising with us on the Mediterranean leg of our cruise.

We were offered the Adventure by Disney extension for the Mediterranean cruise. It is a bit over $2,400 per person. Sounds pricey, but we did book it. It takes all of the best excursions and essentially makes our DCL cruise all inclusive (well, almost!). My sense is that we will have an awesome time! I would be interest if anyone has done an ABD extension and how that worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ABD add on includes excursions just for that group that cannot be purchased otherwise. For example, in Venice only the ABD group actually made masks at the mask maker's shop. Later, the "available for purchase" excursion included a lecture on mask making and seeing "in process" examples. It will also include the top level of "skip the line" tickets at various excursions so you will walk in when you arrive--no waiting at all. The only downside is that your definition of the "best" excursion may nat agree with what is booked for you for the day.

The ABD add on includes excursions just for that group that cannot be purchased otherwise. For example' date=' in Venice only the ABD group actually made masks at the mask maker's shop. Later, the "available for purchase" excursion included a lecture on mask making and seeing "in process" examples. It will also include the top level of "skip the line" tickets at various excursions so you will walk in when you arrive--no waiting at all. The only downside is that your definition of the "best" excursion may nat agree with what is booked for you for the day.[/quote']

We did look closely at the itinerary and, in our case we concluded it met our definition of “best”. It is highly programmed and planned. It may not be for everyone at the price they are asking. There is plenty of detail on the ABD website to evaluate whether it makes sense. My sister, a retired custom travel planner, is planning a European trip for her and another couple. She found several really good ideas looking through the ABD site that she is incorporating into her own travel.

We have heard really good things (“experience of a lifetime”) about the ABD experience, and hope it will meet our expectations. We are also doing one of their river cruises with AmaWaterways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums