Yokohama train station to port

travellovers2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of it and just got off a Japan cruise. I was on Diamond Princess.

The closest train station to the pier (Osanbashi Passenger Terminal) is Nihon-Odori.

We took the train from Tokyo, from Shinjuku-sanchome Station directly to Nihon-Odori Station in Yokohama, about a 45 minute ride, and then walked from the station to the cruise terminal. It is not that far of a walk, maybe 10-15 minutes on a flat wide sidewalk.

When you buy tickets for the train, go and talk to a person at a ticket booth, who can direct you on which line is the correct one and help you with the tickets.

When disembarking the ship, there was a free shuttle from the pier to a station (sorry can't recall the name), but it was one stop, I believe, to Yokohama Station and that's where we got on the express train to Narita Airport.

I wrote to the email on the website, but no response. My husband and I pulled up the satellite map and the station doesn't seem to be far and like the previous poster wrote, it's all flat terrain so it's an easy walk to the pier.

We will be on the Diamond in Japan in October. How did you like your cruise?

Edited by travellovers2

Yes, the walk is easily doable, we just took some breaks when we were pulling the 23 kg/ 50lb suitcases.

We loved the Japanese cruises we did (3 of them). Saw a lot and need to come back to Japan to explore more.

The Diamond looks great after the refurbishments and Japanese touches.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Another silly question, once we get of in NIhon odori, is it easy to find the way to get to the terminal or not!:confused: Dont want to walk with the heavy suitcase the wrong direction hehehe

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Nihon-Odori%20Station%20to%20osanbashi

The pier name is Osanbashi. Above Google link show the direction. You can it is fairly direct once you get to the sub-station NiHonOdori (problem is getting to the station).

• 2 years later...
We took the train from Tokyo, from Shinjuku-sanchome Station directly to Nihon-Odori Station in Yokohama.

I know this is bouncing an old thread but is this information still good? On Rome2Rio I don't see a direct way to get from Shinjuku-sanchome Station to Nihon-Odori without a train change in Yokohama. The only direct line I do see that's close to Shinjuku would be the Tokyu Toyoko/Minatomirai Line from Shibuya. Edit: How does that work too - is there still a train change in Yokohama (trying to avoid that)?

Edited by bigwally

I know this is bouncing an old thread but is this information still good? On Rome2Rio I don't see a direct way to get from Shinjuku-sanchome Station to Nihon-Odori without a train change in Yokohama. The only direct line I do see that's close to Shinjuku would be the Tokyu Toyoko/Minatomirai Line from Shibuya. Edit: How does that work too - is there still a train change in Yokohama (trying to avoid that)?

It is possible to board the Fukutoshin subway line at Shinjuku Sanchome station or Higashi Shinjuku station.

Fukutoshin line takes you to Shibuya, where the train's name changes to Tokyu Toyoshin Line. Depending on the time of day, you might have to change trains at Shibuya. Or you might be able to stay on that same train to Yokohama station, where the train once again changes names to Minato Mirai line. You can stay on that train until it reaches Nihon Odori Station, near the Osanbashi Terminal.

If you use Hyperdia to plan your train trip, all the details will be there.

It is possible to board the Fukutoshin subway line at Shinjuku Sanchome station or Higashi Shinjuku station.

Fukutoshin line takes you to Shibuya, where the train's name changes to Tokyu Toyoshin Line. Depending on the time of day, you might have to change trains at Shibuya. Or you might be able to stay on that same train to Yokohama station, where the train once again changes names to Minato Mirai line. You can stay on that train until it reaches Nihon Odori Station, near the Osanbashi Terminal.

If you use Hyperdia to plan your train trip, all the details will be there.

Thanks for the clarity. I'm simply not used to different train systems sharing that way. It looks like every other train is one where you have to transfer, at least around the time we'll be expecting to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to go in the other direction and take a taxi to the Kita-sando station - exit 1 has an elevator (practically) at kerbside and the station only serves the one line so it'll be less confusing. I think it'll be a less hectic station too.

At Nihon-Odori I've already found my elevators from the platform up to street level, so I think I'm all good.

Thanks for the help! :)