Silver Spirit Missing Cruises

sail1658

We requested a refund when our TA was finally told officially of the offer. She was not please to learn of the cancellation from me. The refund arrived via a credit to our credit card last Friday which I have now had to call and ask them to send me via a check. I sent the proof of payment for the hotel room to my TA who is out this week but has said she will forward on to SS for refund. We really wanted a Med cruise in the spring (due to family health issues I can't put it off until the fall when there was a similar one on Muse) so switched to Regent. The new cruise is pricier but we will get the ports we want.

M

The refund arrived via a credit to our credit card last Friday which I have now had to call and ask them to send me via a check.

M

I am not certain they will refund by check when you paid by credit card. In my experience, travel providers refund to precisely the sources of the payment. If the credit card account is closed (or has no balance) you can ask that the credit card company issue a check. An explanation that was offered to me is that traveller cancelling a reservation should not enjoy the airline miles or cash back benefits when they receive a refund on the booking.

I am not certain they will refund by check when you paid by credit card. In my experience, travel providers refund to precisely the sources of the payment. If the credit card account is closed (or has no balance) you can ask that the credit card company issue a check. An explanation that was offered to me is that traveller cancelling a reservation should not enjoy the airline miles or cash back benefits when they receive a refund on the booking.

Yes, that's what I meant...I called the credit card company and they are sending me a check because I had just made the payment to them the week before.

Yes, that's what I meant...I called the credit card company and they are sending me a check because I had just made the payment to them the week before.

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought that you had asked Silversea to refund you via a check when you had paid by credit card. Pleased it was all sorted out satisfactorily.

My first thought was to take a refund, as the 20% offer would have meant paying considerably more for a like-for-like cruise to the one I had booked.

However, with help from my TA who escalated our request to a higher level, I am pleased that I now have had a very satisfactory outcome - a very similar cruise at no extra cost. So it proves that if you don't ask, you don't get. The worst they can do is say "No".

My first thought was to take a refund, as the 20% offer would have meant paying considerably more for a like-for-like cruise to the one I had booked.

However, with help from my TA who escalated our request to a higher level, I am pleased that I now have had a very satisfactory outcome - a very similar cruise at no extra cost. So it proves that if you don't ask, you don't get. The worst they can do is say "No".

Glad to hear that you are now happy with the final outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums