Formal evening attire

sammybonny

We will be on our first Cunard cruise in a couple of weeks on Queen Victoria. We will have 2 formal nights and I was planning on wearing a short cocktail dress on each evening but was wondering if most ladies will be wearing long dresses and I might look out of place. We have done quite a few P&O cruises where there is usually a mixture of both.

Also on the other informal nights what sort of thing do ladies wear ? I am taking some nice short/maxi dresses would these be appropriate? I dont want to look over or under dressed.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I wore long on one night and cocktail length (but of a ball gown style) on another (can't remeber what I wore on the third) There are always a few stunning "red carpet/Oscars" type dresses but they are the minority. I was probably more dressd up than most on informal (but I do tend towards overdressing - there wasn't that much difference between what I wore - slightly less glitz and not long on informals but my informal dresses would have more than passed muster for formal).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We will be on our first Cunard cruise in a couple of weeks on Queen Victoria. We will have 2 formal nights and I was planning on wearing a short cocktail dress on each evening but was wondering if most ladies will be wearing long dresses and I might look out of place. We have done quite a few P&O cruises where there is usually a mixture of both.

Also on the other informal nights what sort of thing do ladies wear ? I am taking some nice short/maxi dresses would these be appropriate? I dont want to look over or under dressed.

Thanks

Thanks for replies. Looking forward to be able to dress up a bit don't get much chance normally .My only problem now is deciding which dresses to take, I keep buying but I've finished up with more dresses than cruise nights!

Looks like I might need to book a longer cruise next time.😄

Thanks for replies. Looking forward to be able to dress up a bit don't get much chance normally .My only problem now is deciding which dresses to take, I keep buying but I've finished up with more dresses than cruise nights!

Looks like I might need to book a longer cruise next time.😄

You'll know you're addicted when you set aside a closet or party of a closet for "cruise clothes." Enjoy!

You'll know you're addicted when you set aside a closet or party of a closet for "cruise clothes." Enjoy!

Too late.....We have already done a lot cruises just our first with Cunard this time. I already have a wardrobe/drawers of 'holiday clothes' that I dont get chance to wear here in the cold north of England!

I spent this morning trying to decide what I am taking but as usual I have got about twice as much as I need and I havent started on the shoes yet. My husband can never understand why I need at least 7 pairs.🚢