Nassau and Freeport Activities for Large Group in the "Winter"

IHeartTravel5

Good Morning, All!

My family and boyfriend's family will be traveling on a cruise together going to Nassau and Freeport in January.

I am trying to figure out what we can do; either as one large group (of about 13 people) or broken-up smaller groups since I am assuming not everyone will all want to do the same thing.

Ages range from 20's - 70's.

I was thinking the younger people may want to do something active like ATV'ing, jet skiing or snorkeling and the older people may want to do some kind of island or food tour.

Would the weather in January allow for doing water activities?

Can anyone help me decide what we can do?

Also, any recommendations for tour companies that can help with arranging this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

In Freeport we went to Junkanoo Beach...they had a nice bar there with tons of water sports for those who would enjoy those activities. I can't really speak on the older family members I wasn't paying any attention to what they could do. Nassau we did the same thing went to Junkanoo beach and chilled. They had have water sports there as well. The older people may enjoy the city tours and such. The weather should be fine for the water....the highs are still in the 80s in the "winter"

I will be interested to hear the responses on this one, it's the same basic thing I was wanting to ask. We're going to be there the end of January / beginning of February. Normally we cruise that same time of year to Cozumel area and have always swam or snorkeled but I wasn't sure if weather would be similar in Bahamas that time of year or not.

Strongly suggest that you research January weather in the Bahamas. We have had to wear jackets and endure rather cold rain in Nassau more than once. It might be in the 80's in January, or it might not.

Regardless, the water will feel chilly...at least till you get used to it.