Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Hello.

I recently enjoyed sailing solo on a 27-night cruise on Fred.Olsen's Black Watch. I stayed in one of the single inside (SI) cabins and the ship/line in general is solo-friendly.

As you might know already, the line markets itself to and attracts a more mature British audience. According to Cruise Critic's review of the line, "Fred. Olsen passengers are predominantly British and their average age is 67,... The line has recently begun marketing some ships and some trips to North American passengers; Balmoral and Braemar, especially, have been tweaked to appeal to both sensibilities though the line has not lost its inherent Britishness in its effort to appeal more widely."

Even though I was one of the few passengers with a US English accent and under, say, 50, it's not an issue for me. As on all other ships, I enjoyed meeting and spending my time with my fellow passengers, the staff, and the crew.

When I booked the cruise about a month before the departure date, I got a really good fare (GBP 2500, or approximately USD 3200, including port taxes). Furthermore, other add-ons, such as gratuities (GBP 4 per day), were quite reasonably priced.

This thread is not meant for reviews, so this post is to inform you of the currently advertised GBP 1999 fare (about USD 2500) for an SI cabin on a 28-night September 11, 2017, Braemar sailing from Southampton to the Aegean Sea and returning to Southampton.

There are likely other bargains to be had, as well. For example, I also see a GBP 17,999 fare for an N grade interior cabin on the January 5, 2018, 108-night world cruise on Black Watch.

I'm not sure whether you can send me a private message nor how to do so, but if you have any questions about the ship or the line, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Some last minute prices dropped overnight on NCL:

• Breakaway 9/3 - dropped to $1049 solo inside. (I expect this will drop more, but maybe not until days before sailing)

Price dropped again - $899 for solo inside sail away and $1049 includes choice of perk (UBP, etc.)

Latest NCL Escape update for solo 8/26/17. If you can be in Miami next weekend. All are sail-away rates, 7 days, no additional perks included.

$699 Balcony solo

$599 OV solo

$499 Inside solo

where are you finding these rates. i cant see them anywhere. have a GO bag in front of my door always ready to leave. easy from s florida.

where are you finding these rates. i cant see them anywhere. have a GO bag in front of my door always ready to leave. easy from s florida.

That was posted a few days ago. Rock bottom rates go fast, they are often gone the day posted, especially with a sailing leaving this weekend.

NCL Getaway ... October 15 .... Transatlantic ... Copenhagen to Miami

14 Nights

Only $69 per day

Solo inside guarantee $809 plus $159 p/t

Thanks, IrieBajan54. I also came across this a day or two ago. I'm considering it or the HAL Westerdam transatlantic later in the month (Rome to Ft. Lauderdale, October 26, 13 nights, solo inside guarantee, USD 998 plus USD 98.60 p/t).

There are also NCL transatlantic deals in November. For example, Epic, Barcelona to Miami, November 5, 13 nights, solo inside guarantee, USD 598.50 + USD 107.25 p/t. Unfortunately, none of the November transatlantic sailings work for me.

This last minute cruise would work good for someone across the Pond or a stateside solo with an airline standby benefit.

NCL Jade ... 8 days ... Southampton (London) round trip. September 3 -11

Ports: Rotterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen, Hamburg

Solo Inside Guarantee: $599 plus p/t $159

Edited by IrieBajan54
bold

I booked the 8/19 sailing of the NCL escape 7 day western caribbean ( turned into eastern because of hurricane harvey) on 8/17 where the sail away inside for 1 person was 499 before taxes so 756 after taxes and gratuities. For an additional 300 dollars so 1056 I was able to get the drink package included in a IF guarantee which got upgraded to an IA family inside.

Last minute HAL deal to Alaska, leaving 2 and 3 September, $800 solo inside guarantee on Eurodam and Oosterdam ($1000 after taxes/fees). Temperatures are going to be in the 90s next week in Seattle, so Alaska temperatures will be warm but with some rain.

The Sept 9-10 has NCL with similar deals on the Jewel and Pearl out of Seattle for $860 for a solo inside.

Last minute HAL deal to Alaska, leaving 2 and 3 September, $800 solo inside guarantee on Eurodam and Oosterdam ($1000 after taxes/fees). Temperatures are going to be in the 90s next week in Seattle, so Alaska temperatures will be warm but with some rain.

The Sept 9-10 has NCL with similar deals on the Jewel and Pearl out of Seattle for $860 for a solo inside.

I'm just home from a late booked NCL Sun which was $499.

But your "assumption" on Alaska weather is inaccurate. What goes on in Seattle, has no predictability for Alaska. Clearly demostrated last week where average temps was low 60's, and many unprepared passengers, wearing shorts and sandals. Layers are always needed and expect a wide range of times, is best advice.

Hello,

I'm a little new to the whole solo Cruising prices. Do you mean you get an inside cabin to yourself for 800$(1000$ all in)? Really!?!?

Thank you ahead of time for any information you can share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

I'm a little new to the whole solo Cruising prices. Do you mean you get an inside cabin to yourself for 800$(1000$ all in)? Really!?!?

Thank you ahead of time for any information you can share.

Yes, that's what was meant! We'll post low or no single supplement pricing we've found (or booked).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in Alaska right now. It was 80 degrees when we left Vancouver. Today's high is 60 degrees, but no rain so it's really not bad. But I wouldn't call it warm. Been wearing long sleeves on the ship, but multiple layers on boat excursions and glacier watching.

14night transatlantic from Rome to Miami $679.00 solo inside without taxes. Vacation 2 go. November 5, 2017.

I would go for it but I am doing 14 night solo from Copenhagen in October.

This cruise was B2B NCL.