Private excursions in Cartegena

pamrose228

We are doing a partial PC cruise in December, there will be three of us. The ship (HA, Zuiderdam) will be in port from 7 am to 1 pm. We really want to tour this ciry in a big way, waste no time. HOHO are out of the question, cost is a bit of concern. The sites we would like to see are the Walled City, Jewish Synagoue, Emerald mine, coffee factory, Dont know if we have time for all.

Does anyone know of a small van excursion reasonable in price? I have arranged many excursions this way and it is very cost effective.

My day will look something like this: Early room service breakfast, tour tour tour with snack in hand, back on ship at 12;45 pm for sailaway. Lunch at Lido. Onto Aruba.

Thanks in advance. BTW, most of the tours I take in the islands are $40-50 pp, hoping tp find similar.

Do they have english speaking guides at pier oiffering tours.?

• Like 1

Go through the terminal building and out the walkway to the taxi and van area. Take a list of the things you want to see and negotiate a deal with one of the tour sellers in that area.

Price should be around 20 to 30 dollars pp if you have enough people to fill a vehicle.

• Like 1

Go through the terminal building and out the walkway to the taxi and van area. Take a list of the things you want to see and negotiate a deal with one of the tour sellers in that area.

Price should be around 20 to 30 dollars pp if you have enough people to fill a vehicle.

thats what i figured. under &$100 For three

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a private excursion booked through the cruise line.

Yes, you can walk through the terminal where you could book one on the spot.

Try checking out Trip Advisor to see if you can find one that is highly recommended that you can book in advance.

Keith

Many people have used Dora De Zubiria in Cartagena and have not been disappointed - her tour company is top notch.

Very excited to use Dora. Warning she sends only vans for booked groups. Does not have them available at the dock. My van will have my name #1. .so if you'll really interested in an all inclusive paid admission tour email her

• 2 months later...
Did Dora say she would do a tour with sites designated by you? Thanks.

We have pretty limited time in Cartagena she is going to bring us to main attractions and if we request anything special we should let her know.

We just returned from a PC cruise and used Dora in Cartagena. She did our tour herself but had enough for 2 buses. There was a preplanned tour that included the fort, a church, an old city walking tour and Dora included lots of history and personal stories. There was time for shopping at a market. We enjoyed our tour and felt safe the entire time. There are many street vendors who you have to say no to. But they generally took no and left you alone. I highly recommend Dora.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We used Dora last week. Interesting tour and old town is beautiful but some of our group decided they didn’t want a tour but wanted to go for lunch. So we walked them to a restaurant and cut the tour short as we had to go back for them and wait whilst they finished their meal. We should have stood our ground really.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just set up a 32 people tour with Dora. We toured from 12:15pm to 4:30 pm. She took us to the fort, and the jail, and all the beautiful sites in the town. Churches, It was new years eve so she took us where they were going to be having parties. It was a beautiful site. We walked around the town for about an hour and the streets reminded me a lot of Europe. Beautiful architecture. If you want to call her she gave me her US number it is 305-420-6176.

or email her at dora@cartagenatour.com

You won't be disappointed in this tour! She is a lovely and gracious woman. A joy to be on her tour.

In December i had Dora booked for months and she sent another guide who was very good but i really wanted Dora. cartagena is a great town but the vendors were the most annoying i ever encountered.