Spencer Ambrose new Snorkeling Adventure Tour--Has anyone done this?

mcmarya

Not sure when he started offering this but is says "new" on the website. The tour is just snorkeling--1 hour at Jalousie/Sugar beach and 1 hour at Anse Chastanet, total 3 to 3 1/2 hours, by speedboat. We are thinking of doing this and wondered if anyone would recommend it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're doing it in October and I haven't been able to find reviews on that particular package either. But it offers stops at 2 of the beaches I most want to see (Jalousie only for a good view of the Pitons and Anse Chastanet for the black sand).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am also looking for info on this tour. I emailed, but have not heard anything. I am wondering what the boat is like, if it has shade...

It's a speedboat, with a tarpaulin shade cover over a portion of it - it's not full shade at all, and what shade there is will depend on where you're sitting, where the sun is, what direction you're traveling, etc. Be prepared with your own coverage if it's a concern. There's photos of the boat at his website, and in the reviews at TripAdvisor.

It's a speedboat, with a tarpaulin shade cover over a portion of it - it's not full shade at all, and what shade there is will depend on where you're sitting, where the sun is, what direction you're traveling, etc. Be prepared with your own coverage if it's a concern. There's photos of the boat at his website, and in the reviews at TripAdvisor.

Thanks. Was it a good tour?

So I wonder for a first time visitor if this tour of his ormthe Land/Sea adventure tour would be better. I suppose it depends on whether you want more beach time or touring time.....but would visiting these two beaches provide you the same type of scenic tour of the island from water as the other....

So I wonder for a first time visitor if this tour of his ormthe Land/Sea adventure tour would be better. I suppose it depends on whether you want more beach time or touring time.....but would visiting these two beaches provide you the same type of scenic tour of the island from water as the other....

If it is your first time there, I would do the Land & Sea or Cosol Land & Sea tour. We went with Cosol last time, that is why we are thinking of just the sea tour this time. I guess it depends on what you like, but the Land & Sea gives you a great look at the Island. I think you will see a lot from the sea and it will be somewhat different, but you won't get the waterfall and other land sites. JMHO

Thank you merinski - I tend to agree with your input and most likely will keep our Land/sea reservation.

The driving on twisting roads the whole way with Cosol will in all probability not make my stomach happy...

I don't think St. Lucia is as bad as some other islands, like Dominica, but I would take some bonnine antinausea before going, just in case. I also heard that pineapple can be bad for nausea...

Thank you merinski - I tend to agree with your input and most likely will keep our Land/sea reservation.

The driving on twisting roads the whole way with Cosol will in all probability not make my stomach happy...

It was one of our favorite tours of all the Caribbean!

Have fun!:D

I am also looking for info on this tour. I emailed, but have not heard anything. I am wondering what the boat is like, if it has shade...

Sorry, I was talking about Herod on this one.

I got a reply right away from Spencer!

:D

I also emailed them with no response. Has been about 3 days. Their website says to bring your own snorkel gear as they do not have every size. I do not have my own gear. I wonder if anyone has any experience with going with them and no gear available????

I also emailed them with no response. Has been about 3 days. Their website says to bring your own snorkel gear as they do not have every size. I do not have my own gear. I wonder if anyone has any experience with going with them and no gear available????

Are you talking about Herad or Spencer? We like to take our own gear, especially the snorkel... We heard the same day back from Spencer when we emailed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are booked on this half day snorkel with Spencer Ambrose Tours for December. Spencer emailed back promptly and we received a confirmation email as well. We initially tried booking with Herod because we've been on his tours before, but no email back from Herod, no reply on his Facebook, and no Tripadvisor reviews on Herod Tours since April, so perhaps Herod is no longer in business. I've been to both Sugar Beach / Jalousie and Anse Chastenet beaches and they are both very beautiful.

• 1 month later...
We are booked on this half day snorkel with Spencer Ambrose Tours for December. Spencer emailed back promptly and we received a confirmation email as well. We initially tried booking with Herod because we've been on his tours before, but no email back from Herod, no reply on his Facebook, and no Tripadvisor reviews on Herod Tours since April, so perhaps Herod is no longer in business. I've been to both Sugar Beach / Jalousie and Anse Chastenet beaches and they are both very beautiful.

Are you back yet? Wondering how this tour was?:D

Are you back yet? Wondering how this tour was?:D

It was good! The snorkel adventure is very much a DIY tour, meaning it’s mostly just transport to and from the beaches and less of a “tour”, but we like that. The guide was friendly and humourous. We left on time. We were quite late getting back, but still plenty of time to browse shops etc

It was good! The snorkel adventure is very much a DIY tour, meaning it’s mostly just transport to and from the beaches and less of a “tour”, but we like that. The guide was friendly and humourous. We left on time. We were quite late getting back, but still plenty of time to browse shops etc

That's great! I am wondering about the boat, is it hard to get in & out of it? do you use a ladder? Thanks

No ladder, but one big step onto the dock. The guys will help anyone who needs assistance. I took my grandma on this tour a few years ago so anyone for the most-part able bodied should be ok. I should also note that it’s a speedboat and can go fast / be a bit of a rough ride, which we found a blast ;) Oh and you never get in or out of the water from the boat itself. Always via pier then beach.