Silly first timer question about first and last day

So we are looking at the Adriatic Explorer and desperately want to see Corfu Town. How do you manage this as its your travel days? What do you do with luggage on departure day as says we need to be out of cabin by 8am?

Our flight would land in Corfu at approx 2pm and departs at 3pm the following week.

So we are looking at the Adriatic Explorer and desperately want to see Corfu Town. How do you manage this as its your travel days? What do you do with luggage on departure day as says we need to be out of cabin by 8am?

Our flight would land in Corfu at approx 2pm and departs at 3pm the following week.

On your arrival day you have to be on board for the emergency muster drill which on all the Thomson ships we have been on recently has been between 5-6 p.m. Personally I would spend the rest of that day getting to know the ship and enjoying a relaxing evening but, depending on what time your ship is due to sail, you could go ashore after the drill as long as you are back on board at least half an hour before sailing time.

On your last day your luggage will have been taken (you have to put it outside your cabin door by 2 a.m.) and you can store hand luggage in the safe designated manned area until you leave the ship; don't forget to keep toiletries or any clothes required for your last day in your room rather than putting everything in the suitcases then store these in your hand luggage when you vacate the cabin. This is the day I would suggest you visit Corfu Town as you can go ashore as soon as you want as long as you are back on board at least half an hour before you are due to leave the ship/board your coach; you will have received a letter a day or two before the end of your cruise with notification of what time you will be leaving the ship and luggage labels for your particular flight.

Hope this helps.

If your flight departs 3pm you will probably leave the ship around noon. You would have time for a quick trip into Corfu town. When you leave the ship there are taxis waiting outside the gate and it's about 10 minutes into the town. We walked and it took around 30 minutes, we took a taxi back to the ship and they charged 10 euros - I'm sure we could have got it cheaper but it was pouring with rain and we just wanted to get back. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your replies.

As I haven't booked yet I've discovered that by changing my departure airport we can be on a late evening flight home so that would give us the last day in Corfu.

Alternatively I'm thinking of adding 3 night Corfu stay onto end of trip.

We are fortunate in that Manchester, Leeds, Doncaster airports are all roughly an hour from us so gives me a few options

On your arrival day you have to be on board for the emergency muster drill which on all the Thomson ships we have been on recently has been between 5-6 p.m. Personally I would spend the rest of that day getting to know the ship and enjoying a relaxing evening but, depending on what time your ship is due to sail, you could go ashore after the drill as long as you are back on board at least half an hour before sailing time.

On your last day your luggage will have been taken (you have to put it outside your cabin door by 2 a.m.) and you can store hand luggage in the safe designated manned area until you leave the ship; don't forget to keep toiletries or any clothes required for your last day in your room rather than putting everything in the suitcases then store these in your hand luggage when you vacate the cabin. This is the day I would suggest you visit Corfu Town as you can go ashore as soon as you want as long as you are back on board at least half an hour before you are due to leave the ship/board your coach; you will have received a letter a day or two before the end of your cruise with notification of what time you will be leaving the ship and luggage labels for your particular flight.

Hope this helps.

That information is so so helpful to first timers. Thanks. Had no idea what happened last day and with luggage etc

That information is so so helpful to first timers. Thanks. Had no idea what happened last day and with luggage etc

Glad the info helped. Get your cruise booked as I am sure you will love it! Ask as many questions on here as you like - we have all been first timers and no question is a silly question. Just beware to get addicted - we booked a 'one off' Thomson cruise for our Silver Wedding 5 years ago and are now waiting for our 11th in October with a twelfth already booked for next year. We have been on 4 different Thomson/TUI ships - and are trying Discovery for the first time in May - and all have been wonderful holidays; there may be more 'glitzy' cruiselines but Thomson/TUI cannot be beat for atmosphere, ports and - above all - the fabulous crews..

As I haven't booked yet I've discovered that by changing my departure airport we can be on a late evening flight home so that would give us the last day in Corfu.

Alternatively I'm thinking of adding 3 night Corfu stay onto end of trip.

If you want too see Corfu town then I'd suggest the three day add on is the better option - that last day scenario with late homeward flight will be long tiring shift.

Just give yourself plenty of time, we are seasoned cruisers and Corfu was the only port we got close to missing the ship last year, bus from dock into town as we have done many times, weather turned really bad over two hours into town which then closed down fortunately we found a friendly taxi driver to get us back just in time it was a horrible feeling.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app