Tianjin Port

chessie4588

We'll be arriving in Tianjin at the end of September on the Shadow. Having been to Beijing pre-cruise, I would like to know what my tour options are--other than the $200 tour of Tianjin. To that end, does Silversea offer a shuttle bus from the port to any place?

We'll be arriving in Tianjin at the end of September on the Shadow. Having been to Beijing pre-cruise, I would like to know what my tour options are--other than the $200 tour of Tianjin. To that end, does Silversea offer a shuttle bus from the port to any place?

Sure. Did you see this?

Explore the splendid sights of Beijing at your leisure during this self-guided sightseeing tour. Your full-day excursion begins with a scenic transfer to downtown Beijing. Upon arrival, marvel at opulent historic palaces, temples, huge stone walls and gates, and a wealth of artistic treasures and universities. During your visit, you can also discover the modern splendour of New Beijing. The city offers an endless selection of theatres, discos, bars, business centres, restaurants, and shopping malls. Following your memorable visit, return to the pre-designated meeting point and commence the transfer back to the pier.

Sounds like a shuttle downtown to me.

We stopped there in April on a Seabourn cruise. I would assume that Silversea would offer similar services as Seabourn (we have been on both many times and there are quite a few similarities in terms of tours). We went on a Beijing overnight tour and I don't think they offered a free shuttle to Tianjin. There were only 2 Tianjin tours - a 4.5 hour tour to the Pole Aquarium & Dolphin Show ($75) and a 9.5 hour tour ($155) that was the best of Tianjin. You may find the attached port info guide provided to us to be helpful.

Tianjin Port Info.pdf