Art tour MP3s gone?

michl8705

I've been searching the forum and the HAL website and any links to the ship art tour MP3s appear to no longer work. Does anyone know where else I might be able to find them? Interested in the Maasdam.

I know I can probably get an iPod from the library on the ship, but it would be easier for me to pre-load it on my device. Thanks!

I've been searching the forum and the HAL website and any links to the ship art tour MP3s appear to no longer work. Does anyone know where else I might be able to find them? Interested in the Maasdam.

I know I can probably get an iPod from the library on the ship, but it would be easier for me to pre-load it on my device. Thanks!

This question was raised a while ago (I think it was on the HAL for Dummies thread IIRC) and I went to the site where it was and the link no longer works.

I prefer to download them too.

Suggest you email HAL but it looks like you may have to get it on board. I couldn't find it on ITunes either where it used to be. Wondering if it has to do with the change in the art on the Vistas with the Crow's Nest improvements and other stuff they are doing? And, someone at HAL wasn't smart enough to just eliminate those?

• 1 month later...

They seem to have a page on the HAL website where the art tour audio could return someday. Called Gallery Walk. But no files at the moment.

I do have the MS Rotterdam art tour file that I downloaded in 2016 from the old HAL webpage with all ships in a list. Silly me. I should have downloaded all files at the time. I used it during the 18 day Viking Passage July 2017 and it was very interesting.

With the onboard LAN service deployed on all ships, the obvious way forward is to make the art tour files available to access from the local LAN on each ship.

Edited by Cruise4food
Extra info . spelling mistakes.

Darn, I downloaded the Maasdam art tour file for my cruise last year, but it doesn't seem to be in my cruise folder. Not sure if I deleted it or if it's hiding somewhere unexpected. Will report back if I can find it somewhere.

EDIT: I found it and I can send it to you if you still want it, but I see now that you posted this in June and you've already done your Maasdam cruise.

Edited by joekerstef