Best VALUE cruises

drsel

The value proposition is different for everybody. That's why there is such a wide range in prices for cabins on every ship.

My wife and I both work, so we are time limited on our cruising. When we retire, that constraint will be removed. For the last several years we've taken 2 cruises per year of 12 to 14 days each. With airfares it's been costing around $50k per year. We feel we have received value on every cruise vacation we've taken and always have at least 2 cruises in the reservation pipeline.

I'm looking forward to retirement in the next couple of years where we will have much more time available to go more places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We typically only book cruises inside the final payment window. And we do this most often in the middle of, or part of an extended land trip.

If we see an attractive itinerary on a great ship at a great price and it fits into our plans, or we can make simple last minute schedule changes, we book it. But the price, the ship, the itinerary has to be right and it must be a balcony cabin. We have numerous very enjoyable 'bargain cruises' by following this routine. If we don't see an attractive cruise at a great price we simply carry on with our land trip.

It is not for everyone. Some people want travel plans well sorted prior to leaving home. Now that we travel for longer periods we only plan a few days or so in advance. I think most people have differing price thresholds and perceptions of good or bad prices.

Since there were no posts anything like your response to Don prior to your post #10 I assumed it was your personal answer.

Posted by dplusd on the Royal Caribbean forum

Best VALUE cruise is --""Probably NCL for their pretty standard "other included freebies", like specialty dining and drink packages.

If asking specifically about Royal, I would say an inside guarantee on a re-positioning cruise.""

Some of our best value cruises were four of five that we took in the Med and Adriatic a few years ago when there were far too many cruise ships and far too few customers because of poor economic situation in Europe and NA. All five, plus the three we arranged for friends travelling with us, came it at $100-110 USD day for a very nice balcony cabin-several of them were extended balconies. Four on Celebrity, one on RCI.

We viewed those as far better values than the NCL Chrismas cruise that we took that was sub $100, or the last minute Carnival Carib. balcony cruise at approx. $70 per diem.

Price of the former was higher, but the value was much better based on our preferences, the ship, and the market.

Dear experts,

In your opinion, which are the best VALUE for money cruises on the basis of Cost per day

v/s

Included freebies--

1) Quality of entertainment

2) Non stop activities,

3) Complimentary dining,

4) Other included freebies,

5) OBC offered, etc

Thanks!

There are no "freebies". You are paying, albeit not explicitly so on your bill. Similarly, there is no "complimentary" dining, but some, or all, dining may be included in your passage costs.

I feel I got good "value" on my cruises on Seabourn. When I get off the ship, I feel good and happy. That's value to me.