Palo Brunch

teacher1977

Have not been able to make Palo Brunch reservations for 2 adults online for Disney Magic. It says they are booked to try a different time (all dates are booked) or try once onboard. Anyone know if I will be able to get anything onboard (unfortunately our boarding time is 1:00 PM)? Is the Palo Brunch even worth doing??

Have not been able to make Palo Brunch reservations for 2 adults online for Disney Magic. It says they are booked to try a different time (all dates are booked) or try once onboard. Anyone know if I will be able to get anything onboard (unfortunately our boarding time is 1:00 PM)? Is the Palo Brunch even worth doing??

I have booked Palo brunch and dinner on the ships and have been successful each time I’ve needed to do so. It’s all based on availability, of course, but it’s always worth asking. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DCL hold back a number of reservations for booking onboard.

I'd suggest that you keep trying online before your cruise. All the way up to 3 days prior.

If that doesn't come through, check the Navigator you get in the terminal at check in for where/when the dining changes for Palo are being done. Head there and get a reservation, or (at worst) get on the wait list for a cancellation. Your chances are pretty good.

Your Port Arrival Time is 1:00. You would most likely be boarding as soon as you check in, as Open Boarding is typically called around 12:30 or so. If you can arrive at the port a little earlier, I'd suggest 12:15-12:30 as a good time.

I have the same issue. In looking at past Navigators, it looks like the window to see if you can get on board Palo and Remy reservations starts at 1. It lists Royal Court, Palo and Remy as options to go to. Does anyone know how early people start to line up? Is Royal Court a better spot than actual Palo itself or are they all tied to the same system?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I have the same issue. In looking at past Navigators, it looks like the window to see if you can get on board Palo and Remy reservations starts at 1. It lists Royal Court, Palo and Remy as options to go to. Does anyone know how early people start to line up? Is Royal Court a better spot than actual Palo itself or are they all tied to the same system?

They're all tied into the same computer. People will start lining up pretty much as soon as they get onboard.

So, if I have a 1045 PAT and the other 2 adults I am traveling with have a 1 PAT because of flight, will I be able to make reservations for all 4 if the reservations are linked online. So, in other words is it just like the online system where I can book for everyone?

Yes, you will be able to make reservations for your entire party. I've seen things done differently on different cruises. Sometimes, "Dining Changes" and "Palo Reservations" are open as soon as boarding starts. Other times, they strictly adhere to the 1pm start time.

My experience only (your mileage may vary) is that there is a line at the Dining Changes location when they don't open till 1. In one case, there was a CM at the door sending people away at 12:30--told us no lining up until 12:45! I have never encountered a line at Palo or Remy

As noted, a large percentage of reservations are never available on line and can be booked only after boarding. We've never had a problem getting a day that we wanted, particularly if we were able to be flexible about the time. Several times we've been able to book a second Palo dinner--this can't be done on the first day, but they will waitlist you and call if they have openings after everyone has had a chance to make one booking.

Brunch does fill up, but you can usually get reservations after boarding. If they say they are full, ask the be waitlisted. Obviously, this reservation is hardest to get on the Dream as there are many people wanting reservations and a limited number of days for brunch. Keep checking on line up to 3 days before embarkation; you never know when someone may cancel.

As to whether Palo brunch is worth doing...you'll find rave reviews on the boards. We actually like dinner better, but do brunch when we cruise with some friends who love it. And it is a good way to do Palo and not miss anything in the MDRs.

So, if I have a 1045 PAT and the other 2 adults I am traveling with have a 1 PAT because of flight, will I be able to make reservations for all 4 if the reservations are linked online. So, in other words is it just like the online system where I can book for everyone?

As long as both rooms are at least the same Castaway Club level, you can make a reservation for everyone. If the two rooms are different CC levels, you can only book the people in whichever room's window is open.

As long as both rooms are at least the same Castaway Club level, you can make a reservation for everyone. If the two rooms are different CC levels, you can only book the people in whichever room's window is open.

Poster was talking about booking after boarding the ship. There is no issue involving CC level at that point. She asked if she could make reservations for the entire party despite different PATs "like she can do on line in advance." And the answer is yes-- she can book on board for everyone.

Poster was talking about booking after boarding the ship. There is no issue involving CC level at that point. She asked if she could make reservations for the entire party despite different PATs "like she can do on line in advance." And the answer is yes-- she can book on board for everyone.

Sorry, I was reading "will I be able to make reservations for all 4 if the reservations are linked online. So, in other words is it just like the online system where I can book for everyone?"

as saying "as our reservations are linked, can I book for everyone (during my online reservation process)?"