Hurricane Season in the Caribbean

OhioMike2016

Not good for those leaving from Charleston or JAX either. Those two ports really have no place to sail to escape the storm.

Ridiculous -- they have the whole Atlantic - head north to New England/Canada, northeast to Bermuda, southeast to Bahamas, south to Caribbean - then eastern, southern or western.

Hurricanes are easy to avoid - the only real problem is if one is hitting port of embarkation on sailing date - then sailing might be delayed a day. And that will be one or two days out of the 183 during hurricane season - most ports only get hit once in every few years - perhaps 4 or 5 on average ---.meaning your odds of delayed sailing might be range from 732 - 915 to 1 against being delayed.

If our upcoming cruise from Quebec to New York gets diverted by a hurricane hugging the New England coast, we might face the risk of being diverted to Bermuda - oh, my!!!!

We somehow booked our first cruise during hurricane season. I was worried until we got on the boat but then never gave it it second thought. This year we found ourselves going on a cruise in October again. This year I am not worrying. Ports could change, we will find something to do no matter where we go. We have excursions planned in each port but that can be fixed, what matters the most to me is we have an entire week no phone, internet, wifi. I will be happy to be unplugged from technology

Sent from my iPad using Forums

plus there are other reasons that things dont work as planned. we were late getting to florida one time just by 1 hour so all excursions were canceled. was pretty much perfect weather. maybe rain 1st day but certainly no hurricane. so stuff happens.

dang do i wanna get to KSC though!