Baseball?

princessh

My son and his fiance will be going on the Carnival Conquest in September for their honeymoon. He is a HUGE baseball fan. Are there any tours or ways to see a baseball game while in port? They are docking in Amber Cove from Noon till 8pm, Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Dominican baseball season starts in October and runs through December or January. I think most of the teams are from the southern part of the country. I don't think Puerto Plata has a team in the league.

There could be some "minor league" teams that play in September. Check Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We r huge baseball fans also. Been to Puerto Plata twice last year. The best thing we did was have the taxi driver take us to several local baseball fields. We gave out baseballs > hats to the kids & coaches. Not sure who loved it more. Us or them. Our STL Cardinal pitcher, Carlos Martinez is from there & the people were so excited to c us wearing his shirt. They love all US teams! Hopefully there is not horrible damage there from the hurricanes & u can enjoy your time.

• 11 months later...

You can take a taxi in Dominican Republic. Just check the schedule. We are there on the days off :(:(. Someone mentioned ballparks in Puerto Rico. Red Sox fan and a couple of guys from there...