Aug. 21, 2017 Solar Eclipse

CruiseGal999

Will be at home packing for flight on 8/22 to LAX and then to Tahiti on 8/23 to board the Windstar Spirit on 8/24!

I think we get about 95% sun coverage at 2:30 PM. Will watch on line or TV and will make sure the dogs are inside too. If your pets were to, for some reason, look directly at the eclipse, the same kind of eye damage can result that would harm the human eye!

Will be at home packing for flight on 8/22 to LAX and then to Tahiti on 8/23 to board the Windstar Spirit on 8/24!

I think we get about 95% sun coverage at 2:30 PM. Will watch on line or TV and will make sure the dogs are inside too. If your pets were to, for some reason, look directly at the eclipse, the same kind of eye damage can result that would harm the human eye!

Great advice about bringing the outdoor pets indoors!!!

If you can't find the glasses, go old-school and build a pinhole viewing box out of an old shoe box!!! Tape, scissors, foil, white paper and you're good to go. I've got mine all set to go - I found it on the Cub Scout site. It took less than 5 minutes to make. I remember building one of these when I was a kid.

Outstanding eclipse experience here in Franklin NC. Total Eclipse just beat out the cloud cover; partially obscured by scattered clouds during the last third of the totality. Heard cocks crowing during the totality!

Hope many of you also had wonderful experiences.

Used my pinhole box just fine for our 94% here. And, the shadows of the leaves of my trees against the concrete of my patio gave a surprising view also - could watch the leaves get crescent-shaped as the sun changed.

There were places that had lights that turn on automatically based on darkness. They turned on at totality. Cocks will crow at dawn - that is what it felt like to them. When I was a kid, my across-the alley neighbors had roosters who acted as my alarm clock ;)

We were told we would have 81% cover of the moon over the sun.

We live 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, PA. We got rain and clouds blocking everything while Pittsburgh got to see everything.

BAH!!!

Krazy Kruizers...small world!!! We've in Virginia now, but both of us are from that same area of PA! Greensburg area? I shared some pictures on a certain "social page that can't be mentioned" and some friends from my hometown weren't able to see it, but a couple that actually live or work in the 'burgh were able to see it. We were able to see it here...attaching a collage pic. Nothing spectacular...I've seen some great pictures of it and over on the CC "Photography" page are some great ones.

enhance