Discovery 2 deluxe balcony cabin

Having never cruised before, after extensive research we are looking to go on the Discovery 2 next year doing the Adriatic Explorer cruise.

I am the sort of person who likes to plan every detail so am happy to pay to choose a cabin but have no idea what/where to choose.

Most probably a deluxe balcony cabin so where and why? (total newbie so speak to me in lay mans terms please)

Off chance we may decide on a Junior Suite?

Many thanks for any help offered:)

I haven't cruised on Thompson (I'm hanging around here because I'm considering it). I have however cruised many times with Celebrity on their large and smaller ships.

There are several things to consider when selecting a cabin on any ship. If you, or a fellow traveller, may suffer from sea sickness if the waves get choppy, choose a cabin approximately in the middle of the ship, on a more or less middle deck. I'd also recommend, irrespective of tendency for sea sickness, that you choose a deck that just has cabins above and below, not public areas (for quiet). Deck 7 is the one I most often select. You can check deck plans on the cruise lines website. If you have trouble finding them, just google the name of the ship and line, plus deck plan.

You may want to consider 'sunset' cabins (as they are called on Celebrity. Those along the back of the ship - pro, the balconies look straight out over the wake and it's very relaxing - con, the funnels are above so, if the recent TV documentary is anything to go off, the air quality might not be great. Some people have complained of having soot on their balconies. However, we had one on Celebrity Eclipse (big ship) and it was lovely, with no sign of any soot!

I hope that helps a bit.

Having never cruised before, after extensive research we are looking to go on the Discovery 2 next year doing the Adriatic Explorer cruise.

I am the sort of person who likes to plan every detail so am happy to pay to choose a cabin but have no idea what/where to choose.

Most probably a deluxe balcony cabin so where and why? (total newbie so speak to me in lay mans terms please)

Off chance we may decide on a Junior Suite?

Many thanks for any help offered:)

We were on Discovery 2 in May and are going on her again in October. We were in a basic inside cabin but our friends had a deluxe balcony cabin at the back of the ship - as recommended on the previous reply - on deck 6 (cabin 6028). There was no evidence of soot but the balcony was very small - just about fit a small table and 2 chairs. Junior Suites have much larger balconies with 2 sunloungers and a table.

Hope this helps.