Cruise Gift Ideas

payitforward

What gifts or gadgets have come most in handy on a cruise? If you could request your boarding gift, what would it be? I am looking for creative gift ideas for my cruise group. There are 75 people and I am trying to keep the budget under $20 per person. Thanks for your help!

Luggage tag holders bought here on CC always work. Something I take on every trip is a small folding photo frame that holds three separate photos. I have DW and I, kids, and grandkids. It always makes the cabin or hotel room feel a little more like home. It wouldn't work well if you're giving them out during embarkation. But, pre-cruise so they can put photos in them would work. I guess the same holds true for the luggage tag holders.

We did a large group like that when my kids were little from their elementary school over spring break. The person that organized it contacted royal Caribbean and they sent her all sorts of things (key chains, coupon books, pens, etc.) all with their logo on it. We had a tour bus pick most of us (over 60 people) up at her house and those that decided to do the bus left our cars at her house. She used the items as trivia contest giveaways on the 1 1/2 hour bus ride. Questions pertained to Royal Caribbean & the ports we were going to, a lot of fun as we had mimosas & rum punch on the way down for the adults. All the kids on the bus got goody bags.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dollar Tree has large clips that you can use for towel clips. Regular item there they come in blue & white with 6 to a pack so you could do two packs per three people, or everyone gets a couple spares. Great for windy days on the pool deck.df58067d42f8de137971c8a322b318d0.jpg

For the door design & print magnets from ink jet magnet sheets so your group can find each other's cabin on the ship.

Highlighters are helpful for marking up the cruise compass & post it's are great for leaving messages on the mirror either for your cabin mate or your stateroom attendant.

Dollar Tree has large clips that you can use for towel clips. Regular item there they come in blue & white with 6 to a pack so you could do two packs per three people, or everyone gets a couple spares. Great for windy days on the pool deck.df58067d42f8de137971c8a322b318d0.jpg

For the door design & print magnets from ink jet magnet sheets so your group can find each other's cabin on the ship.

Highlighters are helpful for marking up the cruise compass & post it's are great for leaving messages on the mirror either for your cabin mate or your stateroom attendant.

And, these clips are great if you need to hang something, such as a wet bathing suit, on the clothes line in the shower stall to dry.

Magnetic hooks to hang extra things on the walls...I use them to hang lightweight loungers, beach robes, etc.

.https://www.amazon.com/2-Piece-Extra-Strong-Magnetic-Hook-Set/dp/B00BUQAKP8/ref=sr_1_4?s=storageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1503194810&sr=1-4&keywords=magnetic+hooks

Thank you all so much! These are all great ideas. I can't find it now, but one of you posted that you used magnetic inkjet paper. I had NO IDEA there was such a thing! I've ordered some and am excited to try it out and see how it works. If it works well, we'll have magnets for everyone's doors. I am also planning to order luggage tags. Still searching, however, for that larger nice gift.

Thank you all so much! These are all great ideas. I can't find it now, but one of you posted that you used magnetic inkjet paper. I had NO IDEA there was such a thing! I've ordered some and am excited to try it out and see how it works. If it works well, we'll have magnets for everyone's doors. I am also planning to order luggage tags. Still searching, however, for that larger nice gift.

Unless everyone is in suites, maybe an over-the-door shoe organizer to hold "extra". (Bandaids, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc, etc.)

Maybe a super lightweight backpack to use for beach bag/shore excursions.

what gifts or gadgets have come most in handy on a cruise? If you could request your boarding gift, what would it be? I am looking for creative gift ideas for my cruise group. There are 75 people and i am trying to keep the budget under $20 per person. Thanks for your help!

$20 obc.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Great ideas - I am just boggled by the idea of packing the 75 gifts to take on the ship!

LOL. Thanks. I am hoping to do one more expensive, but physically smaller gift this year. Last year we put together gift bags filled with everything from water bottles, to candy, pens, note pads and much much more. THAT was a real pain, but I didn't have to carry them on board. Most of our travelers stay in the same hotel the night before, and I hand out the gifts there. I want something of higher quality this time; things that people will use even after the cruise.

LOL. Thanks. I am hoping to do one more expensive, but physically smaller gift this year. Last year we put together gift bags filled with everything from water bottles, to candy, pens, note pads and much much more. THAT was a real pain, but I didn't have to carry them on board. Most of our travelers stay in the same hotel the night before, and I hand out the gifts there. I want something of higher quality this time; things that people will use even after the cruise.

$20 OBC or a $20 value cash card takes no space at all. It is also one stop shopping.

DON