Soda & More Package: Milkshakes

yuccaman

I agree about the soft ice cream. Much prefer the regular type.

They have the soft-serve because people complained that other cruise lines had soft-serve for free and Princess did not.

So, giving in to those requests for something free most of the day, we now have soft-serve instead of the free regular ship-made ice cream (with fixings available to make it a sundae) that was available in the buffet for an hour each afternoon.

• 1 month later...

I posted about this when I returned from my cruise on Ruby and my kids were refused shakes with the soda and more package. We had pre-ordered and shakes were definitely included at the time (it's the ONLY reason we get the package as my kids don't drink soda or juice). A week earlier we had been on Emerald and had no problem getting the shakes honoured. I complained to passenger services onboard but got nowhere. On returning, I mentioned it on the post-cruise suvey and also emailed customer relations. No response.

It makes zero sense since they are still including mocktails which, at $5 a drink, cost more than a a $2.50 shake. It's also ironic that my 6 year old could go to a bar and order a fake alcoholic drink but can't get served with a shake at the ice cream counter. :o

No shakes on the Crown in June and just this last couple of weeks of October on Crown again.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We were served milk shakes with no charge on Crown Princess in June (Land of Midnight Sun) we perhaps had a few too many :D.

On the website, the Unlimited Soda and More Package no longer lists milkshakes. The only included items are unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices and complementary hot chocolate.

I think it is a bad move to have eliminated the milkshakes from the package [emoji849]

BTW, the Premium Beverage Package does include milkshakes but the price would be prohibitive for children or non alcohol drinking adults wanting milkshakes [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do those three ships not even have ice cream bars? :eek: I thought all had some kind of ice cream service during the day?

It's been a while since this thread was started, but no one ever answered your question.

The Pacific doesn't have an ice cream bar but each afternoon there is an ice cream "spread". Usually 2 or 3 flavors of "real" ice cream with a variety of toppings.

It's been a while since this thread was started, but no one ever answered your question.

The Pacific doesn't have an ice cream bar but each afternoon there is an ice cream "spread". Usually 2 or 3 flavors of "real" ice cream with a variety of toppings.

Not only does the buffet on the Pacific have ice cream in the afternoon, but it is also available at dinner with two rotating favors, several sauces and sprinkles for toppings.

Ok were new to Princess. Was thinking about purchasing the soda and more for my 11 yr old on the Regal. What caught my eye was milkshakes, and Mock tails. included in the package. This was purchased last week for December sailing on the Regal. Are you guys saying no milkshakes under the plan?

Ok were new to Princess. Was thinking about purchasing the soda and more for my 11 yr old on the Regal. What caught my eye was milkshakes, and Mock tails. included in the package. This was purchased last week for December sailing on the Regal. Are you guys saying no milkshakes under the plan?

The Regal and Royal never offered milkshakes, some of the other ships did.